Really Stupid Mobile Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Stupid Mobile Question

Okay, this is very embarrassing. I hardly ever use a mobile phone, and don't really get on with them (yes, i know, i sound like an old biddy but i'm okay with tablets etc. it's just phones that do my head in.) Anyway, i recently got a cheap vodaphone pay as you go. tried to log in to my gmail but it only had my old number registered so it wouldn't let me. now i've changed my phone no on my gmail account (from my tablet) but still when i enter my gmail and password on the phone i get "try another way to sign in" and it sends me a text with a verification code but it doesn't tell me what to do with this code......I feel like i'm going mad, i hate feeling like an idiot..........can someone please tell me what to do?

anyone? why is this phone number on my google account but when i tried logging in with it on the phone it said "this device isn't recognized." what on earth am i doing wrong??

Comment

Katie.....Do you have back up codes....you usually have to supply them when you create an account.....it's usually a phone number or something like that....

When you have your back up code.....go to gmail sign in ....enter your user name and password.....When asked for your verification code, click More options......Click Enter one of your backup codes.......and enter the code.....hopefully it will work
      The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
        Katie.....Do you have back up codes....you usually have to supply them when you create an account.....it's usually a phone number or something like that....

When you have your back up code.....go to gmail sign in ....enter your user name and password.....When asked for your verification code, click More options......Click Enter one of your backup codes.......and enter the code.....hopefully it will work
        i didn't use any back up codes. i was able to access gmail fine on my old phone. i'm getting the codes alright, just don't know where to enter them.....i'm so frustrated!

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
          i didn't use any back up codes. i was able to access gmail fine on my old phone. i'm getting the codes alright, just don't know where to enter them.....i'm so frustrated!
          Well if your getting codes..........When asked for your verification code, click More options......Click Enter one of your backup codes.......and enter the code.....hopefully it will work

Comment

just to explain a bit more, i'm getting texts saying "your google verification code is xxxxxx ....... but i don't know what i'm supposed to do with it.......

Comment

but i haven't got any "back up " Codes!

Comment

Well if your getting codes..........When asked for your verification code, click More options......Click Enter one of your backup codes.......and enter the code.....hopefully it will work
                that's my problem, it doesn't ask me for the verification code.....there's nowhere to enter it.....

Comment

I got this off the net....it might help you ....some one else had the same problem

Everybody out there I have your answer. What you do is on the gmail page sign in as usual. when the page shows up ofering to send a verification code choose your country and enter your cell phone # and click "send verification code". When you enter your cell phone # make sure you use dashes in between the number intervals. for example 123- 456-7890. When you click the "send verification code" button another page should pop up telling you to enter your code. If it doesn't pop up right away then it did't work. don't worry if it didn't work because it didn't work for me the first time either. simply choose your country again and re-enter your cell# and try again. make sure you use the new verification code that they are going to send you so wait for the text or call.

Comment

I got this off the net....it might help you ....some one else had the same problem

Everybody out there I have your answer. What you do is on the gmail page sign in as usual. when the page shows up ofering to send a verification code choose your country and enter your cell phone # and click "send verification code". When you enter your cell phone # make sure you use dashes in between the number intervals. for example 123- 456-7890. When you click the "send verification code" button another page should pop up telling you to enter your code. If it doesn't pop up right away then it did't work. don't worry if it didn't work because it didn't work for me the first time either. simply choose your country again and re-enter your cell# and try again. make sure you use the new verification code that they are going to send you so wait for the text or call.
                    thanks dinny, i think i've tried to sign in so many times i'm now getting an error message. but i will try that a bit later......i'm tearing my hair out here, i know i'm not tech-savvy but i surely can't be that stupid!

Comment

Changed phone a while back but I can't remember what the story was on the verification code... I know if I log into gmail on another device I get a text from Google asking if I'm ok with it....
                      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                        Changed phone a while back but I can't remember what the story was on the verification code... I know if I log into gmail on another device I get a text from Google asking if I'm ok with it....
                        Yes same thing happens of you change password on Google from tablet or phone.
                        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

when i try on another device, like on the pc at the training thing i'm on at the moment, it just won't let me and i get a message saying "someone just tried to log on using your password".

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                            when i try on another device, like on the pc at the training thing i'm on at the moment, it just won't let me and i get a message saying "someone just tried to log on using your password".
                            Is there no prompt to say you're ok with that ?
                            Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Is there no prompt to say you're ok with that ?
                              oh god i can't remember now.......think it just said to contact them if i wasn't okay with it.....i am so confused lol

Comment

Working...
                              X