No announcement yet.

The History of Crumlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is one with a classmate of yours Kevin Horan who is in your Confo photograph, He lives in Denmark and he is a musician usually plays trad but he has a great singing voice also He is at the top of the bus upstairs Then DTW then Archangel another Crumliner Susie is there somewhere and I have two places downstairs and Breda is there also also my cousin Eithne who was a member here
    Attached Files
    Last edited by joan mack; 15-01-2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
      Here is one with a classmate of yours Kevin Horan who is in your Confo photograph, He lives in Denmark and he is a musician usually plays trad but he has a great singing voice also He is at the top of the bus upstairs Then DTW then Archangel another Crumliner Susie is there somewhere and I have two places downstairs and Breda is there also also my cousin Eithne who was a member here
      Lol think bullfinch made this when we were on .ie. My avatar at the time was a lily I think. : think that was meant to be the no 81 bus on Clonmacnoise Rd.
      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
        This was a meet when Boxman who owns the site came home from Australia a few years ago. There are a few posters here that still post

Bet you can't pick me out.
        Wow that was nearly 7 years ago at the red cow inn. I still have the denim skirt but not the red top as got rid of it. It was lovely meeting boxie and others too. Some of the posters on the pic are only on Facebook now.

Riposte is the guy to my right, a great writer and poet. He is a Walkinstowner like I am.
        Last edited by Suzieq; 15-01-2018, 11:29 PM.
        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
          Wow that was nearly 7 years ago at the red cow inn. I still have the denim skirt but not the red top as got rid of it. It was lovely meeting boxie and others too. Some of the posters on the pic are only on Facebook now.

Riposte is the guy to my right, a great writer and poet. He is a Walkinstowner like I am.
          Suzieq.....in my mid teens my two best friends lived on Greentrees Rd....Freddie Middelton and Pat Chambers....I used to walk from Stannaway Rd....all the way there 2-3 times a week ...kept me very Jaggeresque
          Freddie was a good DJ and went on to be MD of EMI Ireland...think he lives in the UK now....Pat built a software consulting business .......don't know where he is now

Comment

• Nemmy/Liam .....do you remember any of these guys?
            Attached Files

Comment

• st marys road crumlin.
              Attached Files
              in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Hi Nick, I recognise yourself and Peelo but who is that bloke your leaning on. Is that a dead cat on his head.LOL
                Attached Files

Comment

• He obviously inherited the dead cat from his father. Billy Connor bricklaying in his jacket shirt and tie in St. Mary's College Rathmines.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Patrick Deegan beside me and Colm Daly at the Back with spectacles?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
                      Patrick Deegan beside me and Colm Daly at the Back with spectacles?
                      Brilliant stuff Liam .....love the one of your dad on the building site in jacket shirt and tie ....class.....I do see where the hair comes from

Comment

• I think the lad beside Martin Peelo could be Dermot Daly who was Col'ms twin brother.

Comment

I think the lad beside Martin Peelo could be Dermot Daly who was Col'ms twin brother.
                          Patrick looks so cool in the photo ....with his suit and tie....have you heard from any other members of the class over the years?

Comment

• No Nick
                            I haven't seen any of them as an adult. I bumped into the late Martin Cranly when I was aroun d twenty and I met Martin Peelo about that age also. I used meet Bernard Donovan in the street in the seventies

Comment

No Nick
                              I haven't seen any of them as an adult. I bumped into the late Martin Cranly when I was aroun d twenty and I met Martin Peelo about that age also. I used meet Bernard Donovan in the street in the seventies
                              sad .....I'd love to hear how some of the guys are doing . I've been trying to trace an old friend , Martin Keegan , he lived on Stannaway Avenue near St Teresas' road .....his dad suffered from TB so he had his own little cabin in the back garden .....brilliant man ....he taught me how to play chess ....seriously, helped when I finally moved to Russia

Comment

• By Maurice Garvey

TRIBUTES have been paid this week to Tommy Johnston, the last man standing of the original ‘fab four’ who started the fabled Crumlin United Football Club.

Crumlin resident Mr Johnston (93), was instrumental is establishing what would be one of the most successful amateur football clubs in the country in 1967, alongside Jimmy Deering, Tommy Paisley and Noel Ryan, all of whom have now sadly passed away.

Tommy Johnston RIP

Crumlin United FC released a statement: “It’s with great sadness that we acknowledge the passing of Mr Tommy Johnston. A true Crumlin United man and one of the rocks on which the club was built.

“Always a real gentleman with a welcoming smile and heart-warming greeting for everybody. Tommy’s legacy to Crumlin is evident in the thousands of people who have benefitted from his tireless work and enthusiasm. We offer our condolences to his family. Many thanks from all at Crumlin United. Back with your amigos. Rest in peace Tommy.”

Crumlin United Manager Martin Loughran said Tommy was a modest man but fiercely passionate about the wellbeing of the club throughout his life.

“Tommy always stayed in the background but he done a lot of work over the years,” said Mr Loughran.

“Even up to two/three years ago, he would be passing by my house on his way to mass and stop by to ask me how the teams were doing, how many players we have now, and things like that.

“He was involved in coaching, and was our first treasurer. When we presented him with a lifetime membership award, he gave me the club’s first treasury book. Tommy was well known around the area. His sons Davy and Derek played for the club as did his grandson Mark.”

Tommy Johnston’s funeral mass takes place at St Agnes Church on Thursday, January 18 at 11.30am.

A message on RIP.ie read: “Tommy Johnston, Crumlin and formerly of ESB, Ballyfermot and a founder member of Crumlin United, died peacefully surrounded by his loving family in the tender care of the staff of Hollybrook, Nursing Home. Beloved husband of Margaret and loving dad of Thomas, Marie, Liam, Sheila, Davy, Susan and Derek. Sadly missed by his loving wife, children, extended family, his 17 grandchildren, 20 great-grandchildren, sister Annie, and friends.”

Comment

Working...
                                X