Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microwave- Does anyone use it for anything but reheating or defrosting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microwave- Does anyone use it for anything but reheating or defrosting?

When they were launched the microwave was going to change the way we cook. Does anyone actually use one to cook? Probably the most advanced recipe I used one for was to scramble an egg.

yeppers i cook in mine now and then..scrambled eggs like you do....veggies, lasagna,(just put in oven for the last 5 mins to get the cheese on top some colour) pasta, bacon, i also use it to defrost stuff and when the kids were smaller during the winter id sometimes put their clothes in it to warm them up lol..ive reheated coffee many times.....

Comment

I absolutely hate that thing . I never use it for anything .

Comment

my 3rd daughter hates them and wont eat anything she knows has been in one....often at her house id go nuts wanting the convenience of one to either cook or heat something........and she doesnt have one....so finally i bought one....set it up and was delighted with it....but when i was back the next day it had disappeared into a storage area...so i dragged it out...and shes under orders of pain of death if she removes it...i raised a brat

why do you hate it bo? she hates it cos of the "rays" "electricity" etc etc..im not altogether sure lol

Comment

Heat or defrost only
          The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Bought one when my wife was ill but she wouldn't eat anything cooked in it. Nowadays I only use it to warm up gravy when I do my meals.
            I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
            Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
              my 3rd daughter hates them and wont eat anything she knows has been in one....often at her house id go nuts wanting the convenience of one to either cook or heat something........and she doesnt have one....so finally i bought one....set it up and was delighted with it....but when i was back the next day it had disappeared into a storage area...so i dragged it out...and shes under orders of pain of death if she removes it...i raised a brat

why do you hate it bo? she hates it cos of the "rays" "electricity" etc etc..im not altogether sure lol
              The stuff just tastes funny , and you can tell when a restaurant uses them . Also I reckon modern ovens with the fans are not too far behind the convenience factor of a microwave .Also . a lot of the stuff thats " cooked " in them wouldnt be on my menu anyway .

Comment

Ours is used mainly for heating up food, very occasionally i will defrost stuff in it. Ours is a Daewoo model. Preferred the samsung one I had.
                UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

I use ours for baked potatoes...

Comment

I use it to "make" my Ready Brek every morning......

Comment

Ive heard theyre awesome for baked potatoes...i use mine too for making candies..

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                        Ive heard theyre awesome for baked potatoes...i use mine too for making candies..
                        I use it for baked potatoes also....stick two in wait about 5 minutes and perfecto ......smother them in Chilli con carne (with the rice lol) uuummmm

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
                          I use it for baked potatoes also....stick two in wait about 5 minutes and perfecto ......smother them in Chilli con carne (with the rice lol) uuummmm
                          Try some sour cream with the chilli Dinny....yum

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                            Try some sour cream with the chilli Dinny....yum
                            Always do.....or Creme fraiche

Comment

Popcorn and reheating tea

Comment

Working...
                              X