Trump, the last days in office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump, the last days in office

Well, now that he is in office we will all have to get used to it, but what will the first year bring for the American people and in fact the whole world. Will America prosper and grow, or will the decline continue?. Who knows,any time in the next year we could ses ourselves in another war, or we could see better relations with the Russians. We wait!!
    Last edited by cogito; 06-01-2021, 10:47 PM.
    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

I donno jembo....i think theres an impeachment or a snipers bullet in the near future...so im sorta thinking he might not make a year....

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
      Well, now that he is in office we will all have to get used to it, but what will the first year bring for the American people and in fact the whole world. Will America prosper and grow, or will the decline continue?. Who knows,any time in the next year we could ses ourselves in another war, or we could see better relations with the Russians. We wait!!
      Is America in decline? Sure the old industries are in decline as many are in other developed nations but it seems to me that Trump has painted a very bleak future for the US so he can turn around in 6 months time and declare that he is well on his way to making American great again.

The US unemployment rate is now back to 2006 levels

And the Donald was bragging on Twitter last week that he had done great deals on military spending yet that is a result of hard work at the Pentagon that took years.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
        Is America in decline? Sure the old industries are in decline as many are in other developed nations but it seems to me that Trump has painted a very bleak future for the US so he can turn around in 6 months time and declare that he is well on his way to making American great again.

The US unemployment rate is now back to 2006 levels

And the Donald was bragging on Twitter last week that he had done great deals on military spending yet that is a result of hard work at the Pentagon that took years.
        "Making America great again": what does that even mean? When was America "great" and for who exactly was it great? Discuss..........

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post

"Making America great again": what does that even mean? When was America "great" and for who exactly was it great? Discuss..........
          The baby boomer generation - the same generation that believe Britain was 'great' until they joined the EU.
          Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
            The baby boomer generation - the same generation that believe Britain was 'great' until they joined the EU.
            That's everyone born between 1946 and 1964........

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
              That's everyone born between 1946 and 1964........
              That would be Trump main demographic, white too. Its nostalgia for a period in time that many believe was better than the bleak picture of the present and future America that Trump has painted. But its also rose tinted with people glossing over the back street abortions, constant threat of a nuclear war, high levels of domestic violence etc.. Same happened in the UK with some of the Brexit promises of a return to England before the pesky EU, an england of the Shires was promised with the colonies in the Empire keen to buy British Goods. I guess they haven't seen Midsomer Murders

The BBC had a report from West Virginia last week, most of the locals were looking to return to the glory days of coal when they all had jobs but the guy running the Coal Musuem pointed out that back then the Coal Companies treated the workers as virtual slaves. Everything from hospitals to the graveyards, workers houses andshops were owned by the Coal Companies so the employees were working just to pay the coal company off.

Comment

That would be Trump main demographic, white too. Its nostalgia for a period in time that many believe was better than the bleak picture of the present and future America that Trump has painted. But its also rose tinted with people glossing over the back street abortions, constant threat of a nuclear war, high levels of domestic violence etc.. Same happened in the UK with some of the Brexit promises of a return to England before the pesky EU, an england of the Shires was promised with the colonies in the Empire keen to buy British Goods. I guess they haven't seen Midsomer Murders

The BBC had a report from West Virginia last week, most of the locals were looking to return to the glory days of coal when they all had jobs but the guy running the Coal Musuem pointed out that back then the Coal Companies treated the workers as virtual slaves. Everything from hospitals to the graveyards, workers houses andshops were owned by the Coal Companies so the employees were working just to pay the coal company off.
                Still, that cake looks jolly decent.......

Comment

Tennessee ernie Ford - 16 Tons
                  I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                  Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Funny how Saudi is missing from that list, how many of the 9/11 terrorists were from the 7 countries mentioned? Ohh Yes 15 of the 19 terrorists were Saudi and the remainder weren't from the 7 countries listed below. Oil money talks over US security concerns still.

The Daily Beast
                    President Trump is expected to sign a number of executive orders on Wednesday which would restrict immigration from Syria and six other Middle Eastern or African countries, according to a number of people briefed on the matter in a Reuters report. Another one of the orders will reportedly block visas from being issued to Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen. Trump's purported restrictions may also include a temporary ban on admitting refugees from countries until the State Department and the Department of Homeland Security can increase the intensity of vetting.

Comment

Comment

Im looking for volunteers to help build the wall on the canadian side...im sure we'll even pay for it ourselves to keep him out

Comment

Funny how Saudi is missing from that list, how many of the 9/11 terrorists were from the 7 countries mentioned? Ohh Yes 15 of the 19 terrorists were Saudi and the remainder weren't from the 7 countries listed below. Oil money talks over US security concerns still.

The Daily Beast
                          "For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil " , I'm not religious by any means , but i'd give credence to that quote .

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                            Im looking for volunteers to help build the wall on the canadian side...im sure we'll even pay for it ourselves to keep him out
                            No such place as Canada, thats Northern Northern USA soon....

All this talk of election fraud, I see they managed to find two people illegal registered in two states. A Steve Bannon and a Tiffany Trump(the daughter he forgets)

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                              Have you seen that eoisode of South Park?

Comment

Working...
                              X