Barack Obama Plaza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barack Obama Plaza

Is it time for the state to intervene and change its name before Trump launches a nuke at it?

I've reached the stage where even the name Trump gives me the creeps

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
      LOL....He is giving the Americans lots more jobs....
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Hitler gave employment too

Comment

Hitler gave employment too
          That will be a great comfort to those who can now look after their families....

Comment

What jobs did Trump create?

Apart from the weekly hiring and firing of his cabinet...
            Last edited by Napper Tandy; 07-10-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

yeppers...me too...

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                What jobs did Trump create?

Apart from the weekly hiring and firing of his cabinet...
                Are you saying he has not created any jobs...?

Comment

at least it rhymes......

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                    LOL....He is giving the Americans lots more jobs....
                    Jobs are extremely important, we all have to earn a living. But there is more to it than that. Trump has given permission to run a pipe line through a National Park (creating jobs) destroying the park and its wildlife. If he continues as he is going disregarding the truth of climate change etc. in time people will be worrying about having a planet to live on, not just jobs. He could also start a war.

Quinner I can't make up my mind whether you are having a laugh, or you are really a Trump supporter.

Comment

Jobs are extremely important, we all have to earn a living. But there is more to it than that. Trump has given permission to run a pipe line through a National Park (creating jobs) destroying the park and its wildlife. If he continues as he is going disregarding the truth of climate change etc. in time people will be worrying about having a planet to live on, not just jobs. He could also start a war.

Quinner I can't make up my mind whether you are having a laugh, or you are really a Trump supporter.
                      He has done more than the pipeline. Politico does a "5 things Trump did this week while you weren't looking". Rarely does it not contain a rollback or scrapping of environmental laws.

Two recent ones

Politico
                      3. A new environmental rule gets an expiration date
                      During the final days of the Obama administration, the Department of Transportation finalized a rule to require states to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from big highway projects, a final piece of Obama’s environmental legacy. The rule was set to take effect on February 17, but the DOT has repeatedly delayed it, first until March 21 and then to May 20—then, for key pieces of the rule, indefinitely.

This week, facing lawsuits from environmental groups and state attorneys general, the department finally relented, allowing the entire rule to take effect—but with a big caveat: The rule is going away next spring. In a notice announcing that it was allowing the rule to take effect, the DOT also said it “has initiated additional rule-making procedures proposing to repeal the [greenhouse gas] measure.” In other words, the news is a short-term victory for environmentalists and state attorneys general—but it won’t last long.
                      Interior Department rolls back Obama-era sage grouse protections
                      In September 2015, the Bureau of Land Management within the Interior Department finalized its plan to protect a funky-looking bird, the Sage Grouse, whose habitat sits on some of the most resource-rich land in the United States. The plan was something of a compromise between conservation groups and oil and gas companies, creating 98 separate land-use plans throughout the West that provided new protections for the Sage Grouse—but the department declined to list the bird on the endangered species list.

This week, the Interior Department announced it will reconsider those plans, a first step toward overhauling a key Obama-era environmental policy and opening up more land to oil and gas drilling. The announcement was not exactly a surprise: BLM has previously relaxed some rules around Sage Grouse habitats and an advisory report commissioned by Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, which was released this summer, recommended broader changes to the Sage Grouse rules. Still, the news is a victory for oil and gas interests who support more drilling opportunities on federal lands and a defeat for conservationists who slammed the news as an attack on the environment and said the overhaul could eventually lead to the Sage Grouse being labeled an endangered species. The changes won’t take effect overnight, as Interior’s announcement is just a first step in a long process—and yet another sign that under Zinke, federal land management policies are turning in a new direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                        He has done more than the pipeline. Politico does a "5 things Trump did this week while you weren't looking". Rarely does it not contain a rollback or scrapping of environmental laws.

Two recent ones

Politico
                        He has reversed a number of anti cruelty laws too. I was aware, I just didn't go into the detail. My feeling is that the man is a menace.

Comment

Working...
                        X