Brexit; outcome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
    Barclays moving €190bn (£166bn) of assets to Dublin. No job losses in London apparently but Dublin staff will double to 300.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47060676
    hope they have a tent to live in

Comment

• Growing veg this summer might be a good idea.

The fresh produce trade is very slow in Dublin this week according to Justin Leonard from Jackie Leonard & Sons. “Trade is poor, the weather is very cold and everyone is getting over the…

Then if food shortages get out of hand in the UK and the proposed martial law takes effect it might not be a good idea to transit food from the Continent through the UK to Ireland. Its like having a Venezuela on your doorstep these days.

Supermarket Veg Buyer in the UK explaining potential tariffs, weakening sterling and logistics post a Hard Brexit.

Comment

Barclays moving €190bn (£166bn) of assets to Dublin. No job losses in London apparently but Dublin staff will double to 300.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47060676
        On paper though , yep [?] ...

Comment

• Yesterday I tweeted about crossings on the Irish border. Let me clarify, the figure was for approx 100 heavy goods vehicles per day on the main Dublin-Belfast Rd. The figure for 0.5% of UK/EU trade remains. The source was Michael Ambuhl former Swiss chief negotiator with EU.
          2:58 PM · Jan 31, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

This was a tweet from a British MEP Steve Batten yesterday clarifying a mistake he made when he said that only 100 HGV used the border every day and half of them were Guinness trucks , the figure is nearer 7000 per day.
          Last edited by bojangles; 01-02-2019, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles View Post
            Yesterday I tweeted about crossings on the Irish border. Let me clarify, the figure was for approx 100 heavy goods vehicles per day on the main Dublin-Belfast Rd. The figure for 0.5% of UK/EU trade remains. The source was Michael Ambuhl former Swiss chief negotiator with EU.
            2:58 PM · Jan 31, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

This was a tweet from a British MEP Steve Batten yesterday clarifying a mistake he made when he said that only 100 HGV used the border every day and half of them were Guinness trucks , the figure is nearer 7000 per day.
            Its Gerard Batten, the UKIP nut who is best buddies with Tommy Robinson.

Comment

• Some good news, The EU-Japan Free Trade agreement comes into force today. It is the world biggest Free Trade Zone.

Almost all tariffs on trade between the European Union and the world's third-biggest economy have been removed. European companies could save around a billion euros in duties each year.

The highlights of the deal
              • Japan will have scrappped duties on 97 percent of goods imported from the EU once the agreement is fully implemented.
              • Open access to the Japanese market will save EU companies from paying €1 billion ($1.14 billion) of duties annually.
              • The EU will eliminate tariffs on 99 percent of imports from Japan.
              • In the automotive sector, the EU will eliminate duties over a seven-year transition period.
              • Both sides will eliminate duties on nearly all food and agricultural products.
              • The service market will be opened, including financial services, e-commerce, telecommunications and transport.
              • For the first time, the trade agreement includes countries' Paris climate deal commitments.
              • The text also addresses sustainable development and sets standards for labor, safety, environmental and consumer protection.

Comment

• Dublin faces pressure from EU to help find compromise on backstop to save Theresa May’s Brexit deal

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/dubl...s-brexit-deal/
                I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• Nissan abandoning plans to build new model in Sunderland.

The Japanese carmaker will say next week that it is abandoning plans to build the X-Trail in Sunderland, Sky News learns.

British Car Investment down by 50%
                  Car production has fallen to its lowest levels since the 2008 financial crisis, according to a new report. Industry leaders say the damage is "enormous," but nothing like the "devastation" a no-deal Brexit would have.
                  Last edited by Napper Tandy; 02-02-2019, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Some good news, The EU-Japan Free Trade agreement comes into force today. It is the world biggest Free Trade Zone.

https://www.dw.com/en/eu-and-japan-c...one/a-47319521
                    Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                    Nissan abandoning plans to build new model in Sunderland.

The Japanese carmaker will say next week that it is abandoning plans to build the X-Trail in Sunderland, Sky News learns.

British Car Investment down by 50%
                    https://www.dw.com/en/brexit-slashes...ent/a-47303042
                    Handy timing for Nissan... they move production of the X-Trail to Japan, just in time for the EU-Japan free trade deal to kick in. Effectively they stay in the Customs Union.
                    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

• I've an idea. Ulster becomes part of the Republic. Those Unionists who voted Leave come to live in the UK, and are replaced by Irish/Bri-Irish people (like me) who voted Remain - sort of a new Plantation of Ulster - on a first-come, first-served basis. (Thought I'd get first dibs on where I'd go - I fancy semi-rural). The EU then gives us a generous grant to help get the new united Ireland up and running. Going to get on to Theresa, Leo and the Commission and schedule an emergency meeting. Will have to be in London though as I've no passport.

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                        I've an idea. Ulster becomes part of the Republic. Those Unionists who voted Leave come to live in the UK, and are replaced by Irish/Bri-Irish people (like me) who voted Remain - sort of a new Plantation of Ulster - on a first-come, first-served basis. (Thought I'd get first dibs on where I'd go - I fancy semi-rural). The EU then gives us a generous grant to help get the new united Ireland up and running. Going to get on to Theresa, Leo and the Commission and schedule an emergency meeting. Will have to be in London though as I've no passport.
                        I wouldn't inflict those Unionists on any country.....
                        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
                          I wouldn't inflict those Unionists on any country.....
                          No their quite bigoted. But SF should have taken their seats They may have helped to scupper them
                          Last edited by joan mack; 04-02-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                            I've an idea. Ulster becomes part of the Republic. Those Unionists who voted Leave come to live in the UK, and are replaced by Irish/Bri-Irish people (like me) who voted Remain - sort of a new Plantation of Ulster - on a first-come, first-served basis...
                            The Shankill would be quite urban.... bit like Barnet - with flags.
                            Last edited by cogito; 05-02-2019, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cogito View Post
                              The Shankill would be quite urban.... bit like Barnet - with flags.
                              Hmm.....Falls sounds quite scenic......

Comment

• Brexiteers having a fit... but let's face it... he's fuckin' right.

Tusk, the president of the European council, said there was “a special place in hell” for those who promoted Brexit in the UK without having a plan for making it happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X