Drake inn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drake inn

Hi all as you know the above pub has been closed a lon time now. Horrible seeing it idle & falling apart. I received a flyer from Noel Rock FG TD for the area in my door the other day. It confirmed that the Drake is now under new ownership and renovations are to start very soon. DCC have promised it will be this month the work will commence. Noel rock said in his letter he would keep up the pressure to ensure the promise of renovations is kept.
    UP THE DUBS!!!

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
    Hi all as you know the above pub has been closed a lon time now. Horrible seeing it idle & falling apart. I received a flyer from Noel Rock FG TD for the area in my door the other day. It confirmed that the Drake is now under new ownership and renovations are to start very soon. DCC have promised it will be this month the work will commence. Noel rock said in his letter he would keep up the pressure to ensure the promise of renovations is kept.
    And to think that the one and only Matt Monroe performed there many moons ago .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
      The singing Bus-Driver....
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Yup... and the mighty Brush Shiels also.

Is it re-opening as a pub Suzie ?
        Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post

They should bring him back , he'd clean it up no probs .

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post

Think so Eamonn. If it's a wetherspoons that would be great
            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Nannson has finished his longtime residency in The Bottom , and is starting a new one in The Shamrock with Billy Hughes .

Comment

They should bring him back , he'd clean it up no probs .
                lmbo
                We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                  Nannson has finished his longtime residency in The Bottom , and is starting a new one in The Shamrock with Billy Hughes .
                  interesting.....loved his live audience karaoke off the cuff format.....worked a treat.....never saw that idea before. Miss Nans input here....pse pass my regards if and when.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                    interesting.....loved his live audience karaoke off the cuff format.....worked a treat.....never saw that idea before. Miss Nans input here....pse pass my regards if and when.
                    Do you mean Billy Hughes , Did he work in England ?

Comment

No....it was Nans when I went to see him over in a place in Cabra...time but last home Bo.....great act.....the punters chose the songs from a list I assume and the band just found the key and played away while the punter sang....unusual.

Comment

Mr Hughes still dose stints with the group ' Street Wise in The Bottom or the 'Shamrock ' midweek .

Comment

Mr Hughes still dose stints with the group ' Street Wise in The Bottom or the 'Shamrock ' midweek .
                          Streetwise are finishing up in the Bottom now Twob . one half of them is a member here ( Nannson )

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                            No....it was Nans when I went to see him over in a place in Cabra...time but last home Bo.....great act.....the punters chose the songs from a list I assume and the band just found the key and played away while the punter sang....unusual.
                            Ah right , cos Billy Hughes does or did something similar . He is knocking around a long time here on the pub circuit , best part of 50 years asaik .

Comment

I remember we had a KatieMorag meet in the bottom of the hill pub 5 years ago & nansson played in it. Think u were there with Ph & cogs lol. That was a great evening. Been In the shamrock a couple of times with the kids. Their chips are fab.

Deffo miss nansson on here.
                              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X