Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rasher View Post
    A miracle baby LOL
    LOL tbh I thought my first time on a plane was 1978 going to Oxford at nearly 4 but mam said I was about 5 monthS old when she flew to lourdes with me in 1974. I suppose I was a miracle baby as I overcame some early problems as a youngster.
    UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
      About 1951 in a Spitfire with a neighbour who was an Army Aviation Officer at Baldonnel . Envy of all the kids in Rathmines
      De feckin Red Baron a Dublin.
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

About 1951 in a Spitfire with a neighbour who was an Army Aviation Officer at Baldonnel . Envy of all the kids in Rathmines
        Tommie,

my mate here in oz, his dad was an engineering srgt in the irish air force in baldonnel at that time, since then my mate had a couple of flights including a spitfire. beautiful plane.
        in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

my first flight was feb 16 1970 , honeymoon to Clapham on sea!! [my sisters flat] lots of snow and ice, didn`t think we would get off the ground.
          in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

At the time I think they had 3 spitfires and 2 Vampires
            I would have liked to have gone in A Vampire

Good story about Baldonnel
            Me Da and the neighbour (RIP) were great gargle mates,meaning the weather was always hot, and not much cash flow in dem days.
            So, I remember me going for a trip to Baldonnel in the neighbours Ford Prefect,Da in tow, at night,both of them fairly pissed.
            Got out of the car near the fence.neighbour gave me a rope,under the fence Ye go little Tommie,an tie the end of the rope to dat block under the plane,undo the other rope and get back here quick.
            Be jasus dat block got back under the fence before me,found out later it was a huge block of Lead to hold a plane down.
            Next morning Sat. Off the pair of thieves go to McGoverns scrap store round the corner from us, don't know what they got but I got a Shilling,instant millionaire.
            Both of them spent the night in Guinans pub in Lower Mt Pleasant Ave.
            Bet it happened before??
            I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

At the time I think they had 3 spitfires and 2 Vampires
              I would have liked to have gone in A Vampire

Good story about Baldonnel
              Me Da and the neighbour (RIP) were great gargle mates,meaning the weather was always hot, and not much cash flow in dem days.
              So, I remember me going for a trip to Baldonnel in the neighbours Ford Prefect,Da in tow, at night,both of them fairly pissed.
              Got out of the car near the fence.neighbour gave me a rope,under the fence Ye go little Tommie,an tie the end of the rope to dat block under the plane,undo the other rope and get back here quick.
              Be jasus dat block got back under the fence before me,found out later it was a huge block of Lead to hold a plane down.
              Next morning Sat. Off the pair of thieves go to McGoverns scrap store round the corner from us, don't know what they got but I got a Shilling,instant millionaire.
              Both of them spent the night in Guinans pub in Lower Mt Pleasant Ave.
              Bet it happened before??
              Tommy I worked for 27 years just across from Mc Governs scrap yard in Prices Place,the stories I could tell you about that place.Do you remember the sherif old Tommy Mc Govern.

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
                Tommy I worked for 27 years just across from Mc Governs scrap yard in Prices Place,the stories I could tell you about that place.Do you remember the sherif old Tommy Mc Govern.
                Ye mate, and son Trevor.
                Met him in 2004, he reckons I put glass in a snowball and got him in the face.
                We lived in no.1 Bannaville
                I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                  LOL tbh I thought my first time on a plane was 1978 going to Oxford at nearly 4 but mam said I was about 5 monthS old when she flew to lourdes with me in 1974. I suppose I was a miracle baby as I overcame some early problems as a youngster.
                  Suzie; Did you get a miraculous cure for what ails ya
                  ?

Comment

Ye mate, and son Trevor.
                    Met him in 2004, he reckons I put glass in a snowball and got him in the face.
                    We lived in no.1 Bannaville
                    Trevor died young I think he was only in his late fifties or early sixties,also his brother Ken died they had a big falling out over money.The yard is still there run by the sister Sandra. I know two people that come from around that area,one I play golf with his name is Tom Mc Cabe he was the chief of the fire brigade.The other is Peter Pringle,he done a lot of time in prison for something he didn’t do but he was found not guilty after years.

Comment

Working...
                    X