The Woodener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
    Is that a road with a green in the middle? If so would you know a couple named Arthur and Annie? (second name Symes)
    Yes there is a green in the middle but I knew no-one that far down. My world ended about #37. People who lived beyond there or around the green were strangers.

Comment

sry to hear about Padraig Scallan passing away.r.i.p

Comment

Tony did you know Frank Gibney...
        It is what it is.

Comment

How is he pammy?

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
            How is he pammy?
            He's grand but his little brother not good at all....
            It is what it is.

Comment

Gees,thats too bad.
              I can still see him and his two buddys matt and joe when they were kids around the place lol as they are a lot younger than me.Joe with the hands in the pockets and young matt(looked just like his da) and eamonn in the bots.Nice kids.
              Say hi to him if you see him or Frankie.

Comment

The Woodener was originally built in Glasthule. In 1871, it was transferred to Berkeley Road. It was finally erected in Glasnevin in 1881.

I wonder if any photos exist of the church when it was in Glasthule and Berkeley Road?.

Comment

Didn't know that nans.I heard that the alter was from green st courthouse?

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
                    Didn't know that nans.I heard that the alter was from green st courthouse?
                    I heard that too T.....it's possible that, after the closure of Newgate, it was initially transferred to Green Street, and then on to Glasnevin.

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
                      The Woodener was originally built in Glasthule. In 1871, it was transferred to Berkeley Road. It was finally erected in Glasnevin in 1881.

I wonder if any photos exist of the church when it was in Glasthule and Berkeley Road?.
                      Nanny have you any idea who sold the land where Berkeley Road church now stands...
                      It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
                        Nanny have you any idea who sold the land where Berkeley Road church now stands...
                        No Pam....I was looking for that before and couldn't find anything online.

Comment

No Pam....I was looking for that before and couldn't find anything online.
                          Yea think I asked you this long time ago.....story goes the land belonged to a "certain" family....and I'm trying to find out if this is true but I'm up against a brick wall.....will keep trying!!
                          It is what it is.

Comment

Yea think I asked you this long time ago.....story goes the land belonged to a "certain" family....and I'm trying to find out if this is true but I'm up against a brick wall.....will keep trying!!
                            Ahh yes - I remember....I'll have another look tonight.

Comment

Ahh yes - I remember....I'll have another look tonight.
                              Thanks so much.....
                              It is what it is.

Comment

jaze..I got ye all that info 100 yrs ago, well, in 2009 at least
                                We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Working...
                                X