Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking to a friend of mine yesterday at the match , he is related to Jimmy Keavney ....he was telling me that poor Jimmy is in a Nursing Home suffering with Dementia .....one of the all time greats....very sad
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
      Talking to a friend of mine yesterday at the match , he is related to Jimmy Keavney ....he was telling me that poor Jimmy is in a Nursing Home suffering with Dementia .....one of the all time greats....very sad
      That’s sad news he was a great player, when I was 13 and working in a panel beating garage I used to do the messages and one of the places I went to was Brigs and Mc Crea, I was served by Jimmy many times, I remember one guy telling me that he was playing for Dublin

Comment

• Is Dementia becoming more common or are we just hearing more about it. It seems to be an awful lot of people are getting it

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
          Talking to a friend of mine yesterday at the match , he is related to Jimmy Keavney ....he was telling me that poor Jimmy is in a Nursing Home suffering with Dementia .....one of the all time greats....very sad
          Sorry to hear that. He was a legend. He always had a beer belly when playing , wouldn’t put in much of a shift but a great forward all the same. GAA had a few players that didn’t look like they trained too much. Seamus Darby of Offaly was another example.

Comment

Working...
          X