No announcement yet.

Rathmines Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did not attach the first time....sorry new to this.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by flashblack View Post
      This is the Photo with the tram , that is in front of the shop( I think)
      So that bike shop seems to have No234 on it....difficult to get right close to see. Looks like the numbers have changed since as the highest No I can find (coz ppl and shops don't number their places any more) today, is the old Maddigan's Pub a fair bit up from the bike shop....that aside, you think the Ice Cream shop was in that parade of shops before the Town Hall ?. What year roughly did they have the shop ?.

Assuming it is 234 and the numbers rise going up toward the Post Office, and assuming they are not odd's and even's as they are today, your shop will be one shop up to the right of the Bike Shop (the lowest bldg) . Which makes it the shop on the extreme right here with the three windows.

This is 1904, the only decent pic I have of that parade. The bike shop as it became is the lowest building to the left No 234, like I say assuming it's odds / evens like today....then that's yer shop to the right of it.

Closer look at your pic, the one on the right of the bike shop (ie; the lowest shop in my pic here)....looks like it might be showing No 234, but it is very difficult to make it out...and the bike shop might be 235 as I first thought....which would mean consecutive numbering, making your folks shop the one to the left of what is the bike shop in your pic.

What a game !!!!!!!! Shut that door !!!!!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 10-04-2013, 10:09 AM. Reason: Further info
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Great photo's ....the place hasn't changed much
        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
          Mind you it looked a lot better in '04 than it does with all those scabby fast food gaffs it has now Din. Another for the scrap book.
          Attached Files

Comment

Not much at all ...except they fixed Lee's window...

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
              Not much at all ...except they fixed Lee's window...
              Seen that comment before.What does it mean ? By the way does anybody have a photo of The Princess Cinema ?

I was sure they would have one on the recent T.V. Programme on The Cinema in Ireland but they used a sketch.
              Last edited by camden; 10-04-2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by camden View Post
                Seen that comment before.What does it mean ? By the way does anybody have a photo of The Princess Cinema ?

I was sure they would have one on the recent T.V. Programme on The Cinema in Ireland but they used a sketch.
                Doesn't look like anyone ever took a pic of the Prinner...the only thing is the sketch. Princess (Prinner) Cinema Theatre Rathmines opened in 1912 and closed in 1960.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                  Doesn't look like anyone ever took a pic of the Prinner...the only thing is the sketch. Princess (Prinner) Cinema Theatre Rathmines opened in 1912 and closed in 1960.

watched ..TOM DOOLEY in there.....
                  Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Yahoooooo......
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                      Oil take dat back.....

Comment

Ex Prinner Usher George Kearns talks of his time in the Princess Rathmines..
                        And other cinema stuff.

Last edited by Rashers; 22-12-2013, 06:16 PM. Reason: embed clip

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
                          Yahoooooo......
                          As far as I can remember the little shop to the left of the prinner was called Wendy's
                          The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

As far as I can remember the little shop to the left of the prinner was called Wendy's
                            The shop with the sign " Furniture Price Fighters " was called " Wendys "

The shop on the other side was run by a guy and it was called " Wilfs " I think.

Great photo and brings back some great memories of " The Prinner " Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X