This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Embed a YouTube Video

Copied from the Admin section - a number of users still having difficulty with this function - Cogito.

We have programmed the forum to allow embedding of YouTube video rather than just posting a link. We have put a YouTube button in the post editor it is the last button on the right. It will insert the YouTube tags for you.

To embed the YouTube videos in your posts, unlike images, is that using the whole URL (In this case http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjFxJVeCQs) doesn't work, it only generates a blank white box.

In order to get it to work the ONLY THING you want in the tags is the unique Video ID found in the URL:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjFxJVeCQs
    You only want the piece of text emboldened there. Insert this code between the tags and the video player will appear in your post with the requested video loaded.

We hope you enjoy this new function but no dodgy videos please!
    Last edited by cogito; 10-09-2012, 02:58 AM.

See above...
    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

What you put the last bit in for that spoils it

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
        What you put the last bit in for that spoils it
        '... before 9pm....' - any better ?

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
          '... before 9pm....' - any better ?
          Ah yes the aul watershed that should do it

Comment

Now, I forgot, what are the "tags" we type on each side of the code?

Originally posted by admin View Post
            Copied from the Admin section - a number of users still having difficulty with this function - Cogito.

We have programmed the forum to allow embedding of YouTube video rather than just posting a link. We have put a YouTube button in the post editor it is the last button on the right. It will insert the YouTube tags for you.

To embed the YouTube videos in your posts, unlike images, is that using the whole URL (In this case http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjFxJVeCQs) doesn't work, it only generates a blank white box.

In order to get it to work the ONLY THING you want in the tags is the unique Video ID found in the URL:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjFxJVeCQs
            You only want the piece of text emboldened there. Insert this code between the tags and the video player will appear in your post with the requested video loaded.

We hope you enjoy this new function but no dodgy videos please!
            I believe in.......

Comment

when you are in the reply box there is a utube box to click on top right of the text box
              that gives you the tags to insert cod into

Comment

For the Woodstock generation...

Comment

Originally posted by Curious Girl View Post
                  Now, I forgot, what are the "tags" we type on each side of the code?
                  I'll have to leave spaces here or the post will expect a video clip.

At the beginning of the code after the = the tags are;

[y t] before the code and [/ y t] after the code. (don't forget to close the spaces).

Or you could quote a post that already has a video clip in it and you'll see the tags as in place.
                  'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Can anybody advise me how to attach more than one reference when posting. My problem is that I can only attach one reference and then post.I then have to edit each time I attach another reference. I lack the knowledge to apply more than one ref and would be grateful for any help on how to improve this.
                    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                      Can anybody advise me how to attach more than one reference when posting. My problem is that I can only attach one reference and then post.I then have to edit each time I attach another reference. I lack the knowledge to apply more than one ref and would be grateful for any help on how to improve this.
                      not realy sure but I think you use the multi quote to the right of the quote button

click on the multi quote button on the different posts that you want and then when you click on reply the quotes are in the reply?

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                        There's a number of ways Jembo - if you want to post multiple links one tip is to create a small text file on your desktop - copy your links in there and paste them into your post when submitting it...

Another way, if you're referencing multiple sites is to save them to favorites / bookmarks under a particular heading then access them in a separate window when you're looking for their urls when posting...

Hope that's not over-complicating things for you...

Comment

There's a number of ways Jembo - if you want to post multiple links one tip is to create a small text file on your desktop - copy your links in there and paste them into your post when submitting it...

Another way, if you're referencing multiple sites is to save them to favorites / bookmarks under a particular heading then access them in a separate window when you're looking for their urls when posting...

Hope that's not over-complicating things for you...
                          Thanks for that,I will try both of these and let you know how I get on.
                          I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                          Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by bigby
                            ok that worked so will deleat it soon as I did not need to quote anyone
                            Have you tried the 'delete thread' button yet Bigs... give it a lash... I dare ye...

Comment

Have you tried the 'delete thread' button yet Bigs... give it a lash... I dare ye...
                              got a skype call and forgot about the deleat, will try now?? does it not work ?

Comment

Working...
                              X