No announcement yet.

Brexit; outcome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brexit appears to be blocking The Smiths reunion.

The Daily Beast
    Any potential reunion of The Smiths seems unlikely, as guitarist Johnny Marr told NME on Wednesday that a re-grouping “doesn’t feel like it’s necessary at all,” and that frontman Morrissey’s politics make it even more difficult. Last month, Morrissey praised the Brexit result as “magnificent” and called right-wing nationalist leader Nigel Farage a “liberal educator.” In response, Marr said on Wednesday, the pair “probably don’t have much ideologically in common any more,” and that “if it is the case that he’s pro-Farage, then there would be a slight drawback [to comfortably reuniting] in that, I think.” Talk of the influential British rock band’s reunion have come in waves since their 1987 break-up, with Marr revealing that he and Morrissey had met in 2008 to discuss a potential reunion show; but those talks never produced anything concrete.
    I never get the cult of Morrissey, comes over as a prat but people seem to hang on his every word.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles View Post
      PEOPLE bought a "pack of lies" on Brexit, Graham Norton told The Late Late Show on Friday night.

Speaking during a pre-recorded segment, the chatshow host told Ryan Tubridy that he was "astonished" that people had voted for Brexit and he the impact on Britain's young people.

"I was astonished that people bought the pack of lies they were sold and I feel sorry for the people who voted for it because they were lied to," he said.

"They were promised things that are never going to happen and they were told [about] the things that are now unfolding: 'oh don't worry, that won't happen'."

The Cork native said that although people will focus on the economy, it is the impact of Brexit on young people that was "the most depressing thing".

"What is great about being young is you've so many options. Life - all the doors are open, every door is open.

"What is so sad about Brexit is that people over 60, because it was people over 60 passed that thing, closed so many doors on young people and shut down options.

"Shut down options about studying abroad, living abroad, working in places. It just seemed absolutely the wrong instinct. Don't make the world smaller, don't shut things down. I understand where the fear comes from but, actually, I think it is sad," he said.

He also argued that the British should take Ireland's lead and run the referendum again.

"You do think: 'do you not see what they do in Ireland?' If you get the wrong answer, you ask again! It was a no brainer," he added.

The host of Britain's most popular chatshow said that after 19 years at the helm he is "almost offended" that he hasn't been targetted by the media like other big name BBC personalities.

Online Editors
      I suppose he denies the ''Straight bananas''......2257/93....lol
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles View Post
        PEOPLE bought a "pack of lies" on Brexit, Graham Norton told The Late Late Show on Friday night.

Speaking during a pre-recorded segment, the chatshow host told Ryan Tubridy that he was "astonished" that people had voted for Brexit and he the impact on Britain's young people.

"I was astonished that people bought the pack of lies they were sold and I feel sorry for the people who voted for it because they were lied to," he said.

"They were promised things that are never going to happen and they were told [about] the things that are now unfolding: 'oh don't worry, that won't happen'."

The Cork native said that although people will focus on the economy, it is the impact of Brexit on young people that was "the most depressing thing".

"What is great about being young is you've so many options. Life - all the doors are open, every door is open.

"What is so sad about Brexit is that people over 60, because it was people over 60 passed that thing, closed so many doors on young people and shut down options.

"Shut down options about studying abroad, living abroad, working in places. It just seemed absolutely the wrong instinct. Don't make the world smaller, don't shut things down. I understand where the fear comes from but, actually, I think it is sad," he said.

He also argued that the British should take Ireland's lead and run the referendum again.

"You do think: 'do you not see what they do in Ireland?' If you get the wrong answer, you ask again! It was a no brainer," he added.

The host of Britain's most popular chatshow said that after 19 years at the helm he is "almost offended" that he hasn't been targetted by the media like other big name BBC personalities.

Online Editors
        He should know that ''old people'' are the least likely to be swayed by election promises........Those that voted for leave are most likely to have made up their minds years ago and the actions of the EU prior to the referendum reinforced their decisions.......Acting as if the ''get out'' feeling is a new thing shows how bad an actor he is and how ignorant he is.........Over seventeen million voted to leave.........I am not sure he is aware of that, and taking into account how many voted to stay because of ''project fear'' by the ''remainers'' as that was more likely to have swayed (forced) the young) to vote remain......

Comment

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
          I suppose he denies the ''Straight bananas''......2257/93....lol
          You do know in Ireland and the UK they had standards for produce before they entered the EEC? Size of tomatoes, weights etc The marketing standards just standarized produce across Europe. Even when they leave UK retailers like Tesco will still be using standards based on EC Marketing Standards for Produce.

Comment

• Napper, because of the outcry over good food wasted by the big supermarkets they started this policy last June. I've had a box or two myself.

Wonky Veg Policy At Supermarkets, Including Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Co-op And Aldiwww.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02/05/wonky-veg-policy-at-supermarkets-tesco-sainsbury-morrisons-co-op-aldi_n_9169362.html
            Attached Files
            I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
            Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• Originally posted by jembo View Post
              Napper, because of the outcry over good food wasted by the big supermarkets they started this policy last June. I've had a box or two myself.

Wonky Veg Policy At Supermarkets, Including Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Co-op And Aldiwww.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02/05/wonky-veg-policy-at-supermarkets-tesco-sainsbury-morrisons-co-op-aldi_n_9169362.html
              I wouldnt eat them Jembo , they are Aliens dropped into the ground by a passing flying saucer .

Comment

• LOl...................
                Attached Files
                I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• Originally posted by jembo View Post
                  Napper, because of the outcry over good food wasted by the big supermarkets they started this policy last June. I've had a box or two myself.

I know a fellow who supplies Supermarkets with parsnips in Ireland. Probably the largest in Ireland, his grade off is 40%, cattle feed or just dumped and plough back in to the land. Now to make a box of wonky veg, he has to send his wonky veg to another produce supplier to assemble the box of mixed veg or do vice versa himself, so its not at all a cost or time saving for the farmer.

A bit of a PR gimmick Jembo IMO. Most supermarket standards are often higher criteria than the produce marketing standards that they are based upon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                    You do know in Ireland and the UK they had standards for produce before they entered the EEC? Size of tomatoes, weights etc The marketing standards just standarized produce across Europe. Even when they leave UK retailers like Tesco will still be using standards based on EC Marketing Standards for Produce.
                    I am not interested in the above.......Does G Norton know about the straight bananas..2257/93..

Comment

I am not interested in the above.......Does G Norton know about the straight bananas..2257/93..
                      What's that suppose to mean? THE G Norton part.

By the way you have the Eu regulation Number wrong and its replaced since 2011.

Comment

What's that suppose to mean? THE G Norton part.

By the way you have the Eu regulation Number wrong and its replaced since 2011.
                        Not talking about the replacement......You carry on rambling about something else....fine with me..

Straight bananas......LOL

Comment

Not talking about the replacement......You carry on rambling about something else....fine with me..

Straight bananas......LOL
                          The original reg number you keep quoting is wrong.

You still haven't explained the G Norton part, are you referring to Graham Norton or another G Norton?

Comment

The original reg number you keep quoting is wrong.

You still haven't explained the G Norton part, are you referring to Graham Norton or another G Norton?
                            You decide........

''Straight bananas'' lol.....hard to believe but true.....

Comment

You decide........

''Straight bananas'' lol.....hard to believe but true.....

Comment

• Great stuff......All them posts and I am blocked.....

Nearly as good as the straight bananas...lol

Comment

Working...
                                X