No announcement yet.

Hurricane Ophelia 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some wind speed projections. The centre has moved all day until straight down the middle of Ireland so Dublin is going to get the full force.

1700- Dublin isn't looking too safe here

Comment

Comment

All schools & colleges closed tomorrow & hospital appointmentso cancelled except urgent cases.
        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
          All schools & colleges closed tomorrow & hospital appointmentso cancelled except urgent cases.
          A mate of mine text me and he was told not to go to work tomorrow as the company are closing for the day.......Met office will have a lot to answer for if nothing happens

And it's not a small company a couple of hundred people work there
          Last edited by dinny; 15-10-2017, 11:36 PM.
          The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

people will just have to catch up on work, better than being dead under a fallen tree or pole I think

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
              people will just have to catch up on work, better than being dead under a fallen tree or pole I think
              absolutely......

Comment

it is very calm and warm here at the moment
                everything in the garden than can be weighed down is done, bricks on the base of the trampoline, plants taken in, greenhouse will hopefully survive, and if it is not as bad as predicted I am ok with having to work the time in.

there are a lot of trees around and plenty of signs that can act as missiles

Comment

Comment

just had a look at the temple bar cam, it looks very calm there [more than I can say for perth, its blowing a barsteward] .
                    in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

So, for those that work, are you going in?

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                        I'm not but I'm flexible with my working hours......but my daughter is not in work until 3pm......and it's due to hit the Dublin area from 1pm....she has to go in as she has to relieve an other nurse ...it's in a private home and there is only 1 nurse there at anytime ......she doesn't drive and relies on public transport and that is finishing a 10am....in 30 mins

Comment

Arrived in half an hour ago after driving the full length of the (empty) M50... those of us who turned up have been told to go home. Had planned to leave at ten anyway...
                          Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                            Arrived in half an hour ago after driving the full length of the (empty) M50... those of us who turned up have been told to go home. Had planned to leave at ten anyway...
                            you'd think they'd have texted you not to come in!

Dinny what's your daughter going to do?

Comment

I may have a lift in , depends on that person , bus ?? not sure if they'll be running at that time as that's when it's supposed to hit Dublin .

Comment

you'd think they'd have texted you not to come in!

Dinny what's your daughter going to do?
                                Hopefully she can get a taxi.....I would have driven her but she doesn't live here , also she spent yesterday over at her boyfriend's house and they stayed overnight....and they live over the other side of the city in bojangles country

Comment

Working...
                                X