Clonmacnoise Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clonmacnoise Road

Do any of you remember the no 81 bus on clonmacnoise road?? I remember seeing it near my granny's house & mam used it when she was young. Here's the link.

c.i.e. and Dublin bus vehicles past and present.
    Last edited by Suzieq; 15-10-2012, 12:40 AM.
    UP THE DUBS!!!

The old one that you used to be able to jump on and of at the back used to stop in the middle of the field when there was a road through it

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
      The old one that you used to be able to jump on and of at the back used to stop in the middle of the field when there was a road through it
      Remember it well Suzie, It only took one pram as did all buses at that time, You could wait one hour and find three buses with prams. Now I see the way the young people just wheel them on and they have a seat to sit on as they play with baby and then just wheel them off when its their stop, The frantic rush of getting four or fve children on a bus with one child under your arm as you tried to fold up your pram was a nightmare and often passengers behind you would be annoyed because you were holding the bus up.

There were lovely passengers also who helped you and they were so welcome

Comment

Originally posted by joan mack View Post
        Remember it well Suzie, It only took one pram as did all buses at that time, You could wait one hour and find three buses with prams. Now I see the way the young people just wheel them on and they have a seat to sit on as they play with baby and then just wheel them off when its their stop, The frantic rush of getting four or fve children on a bus with one child under your arm as you tried to fold up your pram was a nightmare and often passengers behind you would be annoyed because you were holding the bus up.

There were lovely passengers also who helped you and they were so welcome
        Well nowadays it's usually 1 pram and/or wheelchair on a bus but sometimes in the past year I have come across situations where drivers either forget there's a pram already inboard or just let u on if you have a folding buggy. The no 83 from Finglas to Kimmage is useless to me as it's not all low floor buses but when I least want it they are a low floor bus. I have accepted help with loading the pram on the bus especially if it had the carseat clipped onto it.
        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
          Well nowadays it's usually 1 pram and/or wheelchair on a bus but sometimes in the past year I have come across situations where drivers either forget there's a pram already inboard or just let u on if you have a folding buggy. The no 83 from Finglas to Kimmage is useless to me as it's not all low floor buses but when I least want it they are a low floor bus. I have accepted help with loading the pram on the bus especially if it had the carseat clipped onto it.
          Dear Suzie its nice to know there are still nice people out there, I notice they don't give up there seat anymore to handicapped people or elderly people as a child and as a teenager that was a must, how times have changed

Comment

Dear Suzie its nice to know there are still nice people out there, I notice they don't give up there seat anymore to handicapped people or elderly people as a child and as a teenager that was a must, how times have changed

Good morning Crumliners, hope you're well this sunny morning. As regards the buses some routes in Finglas have got worse since the Network Direct system came into force. Yesterday a bus was full but a kind guy helped fold my buggy & as he was getting off in town helped unfold the buggy & waited til my daughter was strapped in the pram again. He was so kind, not many people like him out there but theres some good people like him out there.

Sorry Boxie i am too lazy to start a Crumlin greeting thread here.
            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Hi Joan, last Monday I went up to Pammy's and when I got off the bus near her place, I asked a chap to put me in the right direction, well he turned out to be a "Spar" van driver and drove me right to her corner. A lovely trusting man and so kind. Although he was more trust worthy of me than Pam, she confessed to me that she was slightly worried I might be a secret axe murderer,Lol. And me an Archangel. Ha Ha.

Comment

I would have loved to meet you Archangel but it was a busy time for me, Next time your here do give me a bell, I have been told you were a very nice person, I am glad you were treated well. Look forward to meeting you,

Comment

...my old patch on the 81 route was "Clogger" Rd, near St. Bernadette's old church...fond memories...Joan will agree...
                  ...thank you Suzie q...

Comment

Originally posted by milo View Post
                    ...my old patch on the 81 route was "Clogger" Rd, near St. Bernadette's old church...fond memories...Joan will agree...
                    ...thank you Suzie q...
                    Yes milo it was my mam's parish. The 150 now goes past it!
                    UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

I caught the 81 bus every day from about the age of 7 until my early 20s. My late father actually drove on that route occasionally and my Ma would get me to wait at the corner of Kildare and Bangor Rd and give some sambos lol! Often saw a young Phil Lynott on it. The terminus as I remember was near the junction where Clonmacnoise Road branched off and headed up towards Clonard Road.
                      Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
                        I caught the 81 bus every day from about the age of 7 until my early 20s. My late father actually drove on that route occasionally and my Ma would get me to wait at the corner of Kildare and Bangor Rd and give some sambos lol! Often saw a young Phil Lynott on it. The terminus as I remember was near the junction where Clonmacnoise Road branched off and headed up towards Clonard Road.
                        Every time i am on the 150 going thru Kildare Road you & JG come into my mind Boxie. My mum is using the bus a lot more as car parking in town is more of a rip off now.
                        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                          Every time i am on the 150 going thru Kildare Road you & JG come into my mind Boxie. My mum is using the bus a lot more as car parking in town is more of a rip off now.
                          My mother uses the buses a lot as well they're very good.
                          Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
                            My mother uses the buses a lot as well they're very good.
                            I Was in Clonmacnoise Road today with my mum as we were visiting her godmother who hadn't met Roisin. When I stepped into her sitting room it felt like I was in my Granny Moore's house again & yes I did mention the photo of her in front of the no 81 bus to her & she said it happened when she was on her way home from Mass with her pal Bridie. I was even brought up to the back bedroom & looked over at my granny"s back garden. Wow, it was longer than I remembered it as they removed the back railings from it. It reminded me of a forum member"s back garden in Cabra from a length point of view. Even the front of my granny's house looked great. My mum was a bit emotional about it lol.

Maureen told me her two bedroomed house was a parlour house & my 3 bedroomed one was a kitchen house. Hope she's correct here.

We sure got a rael Crumlin welcome from her today.
                            Last edited by Suzieq; 15-10-2012, 12:53 AM.
                            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

From another forum - you can find info about Clonmacnoise Road here
                              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X