This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    Yes, he couldn't have taken the original photo as he wasn't alive in 1854! Other than a retouch, can we rule out an older relative in the same profession?
    I think so.....and they where both dead by 1904.....

Comment

• Who are the couple in the photo Avcah?

Comment

Who are the couple in the photo Avcah?
        My great great grandparents....only got this a few days ago....never thought I would see a pic of them....

Comment

• Originally posted by avcah View Post
          My great great grandparents....only got this a few days ago....never thought I would see a pic of them....
          That's amazing

Comment

That's amazing
            they have being with me since I was a young child and the family tree was starting with very little info....always wondered what they looked like

Comment

• Originally posted by avcah View Post
              Brilliant..........Going through my mothers stuff I found a photo of her when she was about 4 years old sitting on my Grandmothers lap and her sister standing beside them......it's magic
              The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
                Brilliant..........Going through my mothers stuff I found a photo of her when she was about 4 years old sitting on my Grandmothers lap and her sister standing beside them......it's magic
                pure magic dinny.....I am the keeper of photos....i have a site for all my relations i know and have shared them all....some love it some dont care too much.....I often got told don't share etc....for me that photo was my reward....

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
                  That's lovely. I don't know what happened to most of my parents' photos - I have a few which I must have taken from the collection at some point but I can remember several more that seem to have disappeared - I can only assume they were thrown away for some reason because there were none left when they died.

Comment

That's lovely. I don't know what happened to most of my parents' photos - I have a few which I must have taken from the collection at some point but I can remember several more that seem to have disappeared - I can only assume they were thrown away for some reason because there were none left when they died.
                    My brothers and sisters have all the photo's ....let me nothing......found one of me with my two mates taken when I was 14....we look like a 60's mod group...lol
                    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• When u look at people today take photos all the time on their mobiles I do hope they save some as the sad thing for my brothers x sisters all brought up in Dublin in the 1940 s 1950s x 60 with no photos taken when we were young our children used to ask us Why was that well mayb our parents never had a camera x being poor sad really out of 10 children only 2 baby pictures l of myself 72 years ago no communion or conformations pics to compare clothes x hair styles but nowadays children/ grandchildren’s have so many I do wish we had some it would have been magic to look back at us all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frannyflynn View Post
                        When u look at people today take photos all the time on their mobiles I do hope they save some as the sad thing for my brothers x sisters all brought up in Dublin in the 1940 s 1950s x 60 with no photos taken when we were young our children used to ask us Why was that well mayb our parents never had a camera x being poor sad really out of 10 children only 2 baby pictures l of myself 72 years ago no communion or conformations pics to compare clothes x hair styles but nowadays children/ grandchildren’s have so many I do wish we had some it would have been magic to look back at us all.
                        The affordable Brownie Box 126 camera meant a lot of people could take pix....even if it was hit and miss look down to view find...but even then it was a luxury and a lot didn't attach much importance in the 50's. My aunty who lived next door bought one and it's from that camera I have inherited a good number of photo memories of my kin folk. I still own one.
                        Attached Files
                        We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                          The affordable Brownie Box 126 camera meant a lot of people could take pix....even if it was hit and miss look down to view find...but even then it was a luxury and a lot didn't attach much importance in the 50's. My aunty who lived next door bought one and it's from that camera I have inherited a good number of photo memories of my kin folk. I still own one.
                          I remember those box cameras. My aunt had one too. She was always taking pictures, but had trouble keeping it steady

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                            I remember those box cameras. My aunt had one too. She was always taking pictures, but had trouble keeping it steady
                            That's right...ye had hold it down about mid waist height until it framed the subject ....a steady hand required...but a lot of pix came out tilted...like this one of my confo.(DTW left)
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                              That's right...ye had hold it down about mid waist height until it framed the subject ....a steady hand required...but a lot of pix came out tilted...like this one of my confo.(DTW left)
                              which one are you DT left or right

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                                which one are you DT left or right
                                Left.

Comment

Working...
                                X