anyone here from walkinstown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rasher View Post
    I Used to drink with a Paddy Satell ,he had a big heart operation about 12 years ago I did not see him for years but I bumped into him last month and it turned out that his grandson had put a new kitchen into my sons house.I wonder is it the same bloke.He lives in Tallaght beside the Dodder.
    yes that is the one and the paddy satell, I know paddy and his son were carpenters, and I did here some time ago, his son started his own kitchen making and fittlng kitchens, paddys wife and my wife are sisters,, do you know if alfie coulahan died some years ago. I heard he did many years ago when he was a young man, all the very best rasher, regards dunwack.
    Last edited by dunwack; 18-03-2015, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
      Me.......I only had a couple of accidents in the car over the years..but none of them were my fault...

and i only got a couple of parking tickets....im always careful parking but didnt they put up new signs.....and i didnt notice...again not my fault lol....

perfect record here hehehhe
      By jaziz Helen;With an atrocious driving record like that,I am going to petition the ministry of transportation to endorse your driving licence because you are a danger to the public at large.they may give you a walker instead.lol

Comment

Originally posted by dunwack View Post
        yes that is the one and the paddy satell, I know paddy and his son were carpenters, and I did here some time ago, his son started his own kitchen making and fittlng kitchens, paddys wife and my wife are sisters,, do you know if alfie coulahan died some years ago. I heard he did many years ago when he was a young man, all the very best rasher, regards dunwack.
        Sorry Dunwack it is my wife who knows Bridget and she has not seen her for a few years.She does not remember Alfie

Comment

now ed...be nice hehehe..or i'll go practice some uturns in your area hahaha

Comment

is it the same paddy satell

I Used to drink with a Paddy Satell ,he had a big heart operation about 12 years ago I did not see him for years but I bumped into him last month and it turned out that his grandson had put a new kitchen into my sons house.I wonder is it the same bloke.He lives in Tallaght beside the Dodder.
            hi rasher, yes he is the same paddy satell, his wife hilda is my wifes sister, and yes, he did have a major operation some time ago, I believe it was a hearth bypass op, because of a rift in the family, we have not beento see them in such a long time, and also because I had a major stroke some 8yrs ago which left me paralised down my left side, I have in no mood for traveling, regards, dunwack

Comment

hi mykidsmom, its a bit different here in the uk, when a person reaches the age of 70, everyone has to have a yearly checkup, the reason why I surrendered my licence was because in 2006 I had a major stroke which left me paralised downmy entire left side, also the vision in my left eye has also suffered, so as not to be a danger on the roads, I made the decision to pack in driving, the last time I was behind the wheel driving was may 2006. regards dunwack.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                Hi dunwack, former harty ave resident in walkinstown here. I lived opposite the apollo cinema until my family moved in 1988. I was 14 when we moved but i swear i did the majority of my growing up in walkinstown & am proud of it. If you're on facebook look up the group page 'i grew up in walkinstown/greenhills & do join it as theres lots of info & memories flowing there. The group is only about two months old but it has really taken off beyond the expectations of the two women who started it. I was invited to the group by my friend on another Dublin forum & got my brother & cousins interested but my brother is on it too.

Our other forum member riposte is a walkinstowner like me & he mite just help u too.

If u need any help just ask me.
                thank you suzieq, you lived on the posh part of walkinstown, I lived on the drive in a corpo house, but to my mum, dad, two sisters and my brother and myself, it was a palace compared to the two roomed tenement flat we were living in and so for the 9 years I lived there, they were the 9 best years of my life, p.s yes I am on facebook and I will look up that group. much obliged, regards dunwack.

Comment

thank you suzieq, you lived on the posh part of walkinstown, I lived on the drive in a corpo house, but to my mum, dad, two sisters and my brother and myself, it was a palace compared to the two roomed tenement flat we were living in and so for the 9 years I lived there, they were the 9 best years of my life, p.s yes I am on facebook and I will look up that group. much obliged, regards dunwack.
                  Hi dunwack Harty ave is part of what they call the musical roads as the roads are named after composers. I thought the houses on the musical roads were built by the Corpo too. I will raise that question to the group too. I always thought we were working class lol.
                  UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Hi dunwack i just remembered where i last saw u posting - it was the old dublin.ie forums a few years ago. Will send u a pm.
                    UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

corpo or not corpo,that is the question.

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                      Hi dunwack Harty ave is part of what they call the musical roads as the roads are named after composers. I thought the houses on the musical roads were built by the Corpo too. I will raise that question to the group too. I always thought we were working class lol.
                      hi suzieq, they may have been built by the corpo, which I very much doubt, they were built for the private sector, people who could afford to buy them, hope you know what I mean now regards dunwack.

Comment

hi mykidsmom, its a bit different here in the uk, when a person reaches the age of 70, everyone has to have a yearly checkup, the reason why I surrendered my licence was because in 2006 I had a major stroke which left me paralised downmy entire left side, also the vision in my left eye has also suffered, so as not to be a danger on the roads, I made the decision to pack in driving, the last time I was behind the wheel driving was may 2006. regards dunwack.

Here i think the next redo on the driving test is 80.....but ive a long way to go since im only 38(sic) hehehehhee.....and with my luck i'll probably be kicking up daisy's anyway before then...hey we had matching strokes...i lost the sight in my left eye too due to a stroke 3 years ago....it was a pain in the bum to get used to....but hey...on the big scale of things....we were lucky to come thro it.......hugs. but you know what..i think the testing at 70 is a great idea and doing it yearly is fantastic...id have no problem if they implemented that here....cos if your not safe you shouldnt be on the road...and very few will actually admit they have issues eh cos they dont want to give up their licenses

Comment

Catch up

Hey, Wacker I have just caught up on this Forum .My brother RIP was Pat Mc Carthy from the Parade .His mate was Sean Mangan .All mad bastards !!I think the Hall guy was named Pat as he was in my school . His Father was a bus Conductor and they lived on the Drive .Do you remember Andy Whelan and the Calnans , Barry,Eamonn, Sean etc .all off the Drive .Loads of names I can remember from the Parade ,Green and Avenue .I left Ireland in 1962 but have great memories of the 'Scheme' and the gangs .

Comment

Did you know the Halls from the Drive number 97
                            I Knew a Bridget Coulahan from the Drive and the Mc Garrys from from the Avenue.The eldest of the Halls was red but not from Cork..they were Dubs
                            The Halls weren't culchies. They were my aunt and uncle, Teesie and Bob, unless I have the number wrong.
                            Last edited by Hagar; 24-06-2015, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagar View Post
                              The Halls weren't culchies. They were my aunt and uncle, Teesie and Bob, unless I have the number wrong.
                              Sorry Hagar you are right about them not being culchies but you have the names wrong.Paddy and Kathleen Hall 97 Walkinstown Drive

Comment

My mistake, my relations lived in the Avenue.

Comment

Working...
                                X