Drumcondra.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drumcondra.

This is in the wrong subsection, so can the mods open an area thread for 'Drumcondra' please.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
      This is in the wrong subsection, so can the mods open an area thread for 'Drumcondra' please.
      Welcome to the new Drumcondra forum.
      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
        Can we have a Clondalkin forum now as well.?

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
          Thanks Jim

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Jim
              Don't forget the plain brown envelope.....
              'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Griffith Park
                Tolka Park
                Croker
                Dalymount
                Lemons
                Smoof
                Boo Paw
                Cat&Cage
                Bots
                Yes I would say Drumcondra is up there with the best

Comment

Hi Malone....whats.......Smoof and Boo Paw????
                  It is what it is.

Comment

Hi Pam
                    Smoof was the name of the local disco, which was situated in the church grounds on Home Farm Road, the caption on the membership card was, those that knows goes to Smoof. I suppose we were all about 15 yrs when we went there, one record I always remember from there was Build Me Up Buttercup from the Foundations, my Grandaughter of 15 months loves this record, so it brings back some memories of those days

Boo Paw was a chap that used to sell Boot Polish and brushes from a big carry bag, he used to shout Boo Paw Boo Paw, short for boot polish, frighten the bloody life out of you. He operated of the North Side but I only remember him from the Ferguson Road area.

Comment

Originally posted by Malone View Post
                      Hi Pam
                      Smoof was the name of the local disco, which was situated in the church grounds on Home Farm Road, the caption on the membership card was, those that knows goes to Smoof. I suppose we were all about 15 yrs when we went there, one record I always remember from there was Build Me Up Buttercup from the Foundations, my Grandaughter of 15 months loves this record, so it brings back some memories of those days

Boo Paw was a chap that used to sell Boot Polish and brushes from a big carry bag, he used to shout Boo Paw Boo Paw, short for boot polish, frighten the bloody life out of you. He operated of the North Side but I only remember him from the Ferguson Road area.
                      I don't believe it - someone remembers Smoof......I've posted the name on a few sites and not one person has any memories of the place.

Those That Knows Goes To SMOOF...........great disco... Julian's Heirs, Pat Egan, Firebrigade....and the girls all going onstage to sing to the backing track of 'I Feel Live Coming On'.........great days

Comment

That was a great way to spend a friday night , Myself, with a few other chaps would help out to get things ready , put the chairs out ,set up the soft drink table , I was always in augh with the great sound system, a chap by the name of Walley had all the gear , Fond memories

Comment

Originally posted by Andy B View Post
                          That was a great way to spend a friday night , Myself, with a few other chaps would help out to get things ready , put the chairs out ,set up the soft drink table , I was always in augh with the great sound system, a chap by the name of Walley had all the gear , Fond memories
                          Who was the resident DJ.....a round faced, slightly chubby, fella who always wore a suit and tie?.

Comment

Who was the resident DJ.....a round faced, slightly chubby, fella who always wore a suit and tie?.
                            Got it.........Derry Glenn

Comment

Smoofs..oh my god this is a name from the past...i think i heard someone talking about it..way way before my time though......(never went there hehehheheh)

Comment

Working...
                              X