Rebellion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebellion

Rebellion, RTE's new 1916 drama kicks off tonight @ 9.30.

Some clips from it here.
    Everything is self-evident.

Rebellion

Moved from '1916 - The Official Thread'...

Comment

Was actually quite good, concentrating on minor characters - and all the lead roles were played by women.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
        Rebellion, RTE's new 1916 drama kicks off tonight @ 9.30.

Some clips from it here.
        A niece and a nephew have small roles in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
          A niece and a nephew have small roles in it.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/reb...3790/10512005/
          Good for them. Last night was a promising start...

Comment

When this series started I was disappointed i was unable to watch it on RTE player. Howeiver since reading the reviews I'm quite glad I missed it - sounds like it was almost as much of a failure as the Rising itself!

Comment

It has to rank up there with the worst . I decided to watch the whole thing in one tranche . Who wrote this crap ! . The captured rebels are marching on to the boat at "Kingstown " to spend a bit of R and R in Frongoch . A girl watching on the side of the street shouts out to the rest of the onlookers ," Here they come Guys " The whole thing was a disaster , those who praised this were ,I think willing it to be good but was , a bit like the rebellion itself .a lost cause .

Comment

And then RTE stick up a reminder for the rugby in the top right hand corner .

Comment

I watched it all, I liked the first one after that it was bad, It was padded out with baddies Living on their wits and blaming others girls getting pregnant and even a hint of Lesbian attention.

I found it very disappointing, It promised a lot but failed to deliver. There were some good actors in it though:.

Comment

RTE set to put Rebellion down as viewers turn off

The future of RTE's Rebellion is now in serious doubt following a dismal end to the Easter Rising drama.

The five-part programme - a multi-million-euro production by the State broadcaster to commemorate the 1916 Rising - came to a close on Sunday night with a further drop in viewers.

MORE.............
                    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Steps ? what steps.....the steps most historians refer to when they talk about Pearse reading the Proclamation 'from the steps of the GPO'....ahhh well I spose it add's to the drama.
                      Attached Files
                      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                        When this series started I was disappointed i was unable to watch it on RTE player. Howeiver since reading the reviews I'm quite glad I missed it - sounds like it was almost as much of a failure as the Rising itself!
                        Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                        It has to rank up there with the worst . I decided to watch the whole thing in one tranche . Who wrote this crap ! . The captured rebels are marching on to the boat at "Kingstown " to spend a bit of R and R in Frongoch . A girl watching on the side of the street shouts out to the rest of the onlookers ," Here they come Guys " The whole thing was a disaster , those who praised this were ,I think willing it to be good but was , a bit like the rebellion itself .a lost cause .
                        I watched the first two episodes and recorded the rest with the intention of watching them later.

After these posts - and checking out the latest reviews, I can see it's ended up as a bit of a train crash, which is a pity. Looks like they may have squandered a great opportunity.

Comment

RTE’s ‘Rebellion’ – truth and ethics be damned
                          By Tom Stokes

There is a convention that should normally apply to critics reviewing art, drama, etc. of trying to find some element worthy of praise even in a review which is necessarily harsh in general terms. In the case of RTE’s ‘Rebellion’ series, that is difficult, given the overall awfulness of this entire enterprise.

So yes, of course, the actors did their best, one presumes, with the material they were given to work with – the lines that were written for their characters, and the directions given them by the series’ director. And yes, the wardrobe team, and hair and makeup, and set dressers and the other functionaries in the process presumably did their best, and some of it was good. But that is not enough.

A film or a TV drama or a staged play depends in the first place on a script, including the premise on which it is grounded. As the ideas develop the script will have a central plot and a series of sub-plots that weave through the narrative, all of which have to be tied up by the end. Crucially, it will also have its main characters – the protagonist (hero) who has a need or goal, and the antagonist (villain) who blocks the achievement of that need or goal. Think of Neil Jordan’s ‘Collins’, Spielberg’s ‘Schindler’s List’, or Dorothy and the Wicked Witch in ‘The Wizard of Oz’. We all understand this aspect of story-telling, partly through instinct and life experience and partly because we implicitly know the structure of story-telling. Good guy, bad guy, and the journey towards resolution.
                          Read More........https://theirishrepublic.wordpress.c...ics-be-damned/
                          "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Comment

I feel like I want to watch it now......just to see how bad it is........

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                              I feel like I want to watch it now......just to see how bad it is........
                              Like a moth to the flame Katie , .

Comment

Working...
                              X