Glasnevin....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
    Ah no way. We had a few forum meets there but I hadn't set foot in it in years. What is going to be put there now??
    Apartments I think
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
      LOL! Vico2. You sound very knowledgeable. That sounds right, as the guy did explain to me that "solanum" indicated "potato". The colour I have is a beautiful deep blue. That's why people told me it is a Jasmine. It grows as a tree with several separate trunks.
      It is a lovely plant Lighthouse, but like Laburnum it is poisonous, so keep kiddies away from it.

The Botanic also developed the first black tulip. I remember my mother bringing me up there to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
        It is a lovely plant Lighthouse, but like Laburnum it is poisonous, so keep kiddies away from it.

The Botanic also developed the first black tulip. I remember my mother bringing me up there to see it.
        That's amazing info, Vico2. Someone who lived in this house before me planted those two trees a long time ago. I knew laburnum is poisonous, but did not know about the other. It makes sense that the Solanum would be poisonous if it is a relative of the potato, since potato tubers can be poisonous if exposed to light while growing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
          That's amazing info, Vico2. Someone who lived in this house before me planted those two trees a long time ago. I knew laburnum is poisonous, but did not know about the other. It makes sense that the Solanum would be poisonous if it is a relative of the potato, since potato tubers can be poisonous if exposed to light while growing.
          That is correct, also the leaves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
            That is correct, also the leaves.
            I'm glad I mentioned the "jasmine" here because now I've learned a lot. Thank you, Vico2.

Comment

• Welcome Lighthouse

Comment

Working...
              X