The Woodener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Woodener

Here is a photo of the woodener, in Glasnevin, some time ago Pammy asked if anyone had a photo of it, I came across this photo on facebook, this is for you Pam,
    Attached Files
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/rocknrollrockabilly

Great photo Paddy, thanks for sharing. Was that church near the Botanic Gardens - Washerwoman's Hill area?

I'm worried about Pam. She's been missing awhile now.
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
      Great photo Paddy, thanks for sharing. Was that church near the Botanic Gardens - Washerwoman's Hill area?

I'm worried about Pam. She's been missing awhile now.
      Spot on with the location Rashers, I was forced to go there in my youth......Agree with your concern over Pammy, I hope she is ok !!
      Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

Thanks Paddy for the photo of the Woodener......brings back so many memories.....

Lads Im grand.....thanks so much for yer concern....just not a good time at the moment........will be back soon...xx
        It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
          Thanks Paddy for the photo of the Woodener......brings back so many memories.....

Lads Im grand.....thanks so much for yer concern....just not a good time at the moment........will be back soon...xx
          Good to see you posting again Pammy...........keep well...lol
          Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

hope things get better soon pam.....x0x0x0x

Comment

you are very welcome Pam, I hope you will be back soon Pam, we all miss you x

ps, could be you with your mammy coming out of the church
              https://www.facebook.com/#!/rocknrollrockabilly

Comment

My mother used to take us to Mass there sometimes,

Comment

Well hurry up an stop messin yunwan
                  We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

I called her Pamela ! only once come back as soon as possible Pammy ( I cant help it I love the name )

Comment

Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
                      Spot on with the location Rashers, I was forced to go there in my youth......Agree with your concern over Pammy, I hope she is ok !!
                      Great picture and dead on sheelbee....If i had a dollar for all the times i rang that fn bell i,d be worth a fortune.
                      The laugh up in the loft when fr henry was on the altar and kennedy cracking jokes?
                      Slim rooney,s da playing the organ at the evening devotions and trying to keep us singing with fr george so he could keep with the crowd and us deliberately making a ballix of the whole ordeal so everyone was out of tune and then having to listen to our ma,s/d,as when we got home?

Great days indeed

Ty for the picture.

Comment

Here's the 1960 Communion Photo at the Woodener (Glasnevin Model School)

I'd be very interested if anyone can recognise some of the pupils
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
                          Here's the 1960 Communion Photo at the Woodener (Glasnevin Model School)

I'd be very interested if anyone can recognise some of the pupils
                          We all look the same in those picturesas i have said before but i am sure that i(among others )served you little ballixes ice cream,candies(sweets) in kearneys shop opposite the woodener many times.
                          One of the kids in the front looks sorta like the guy who was a gym teacher/gaelic teacher in denmark st tech and read the news in gaelic on rte in the 60,s

Comment

Colm Meaney is in the pic..........

Comment

[QUOTE=nansson;169139]Colm Meaney is in the pic..........[/QUOTE

listen bud............yall looked the same to me lol........so which one of you little bastewards is he lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X