Christ church before and under construction
      Christ church before and under construction
      Attached Files

Comment

• Wood Quay.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
          Not foreign then..not since 1541 and Henry 8.....and they came out in their thousands to welcome.
          400,000 culchies were going to welcome Garth Brooks this month ,still makes him a foreigner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinb View Post
            400,000 culchies were going to welcome Garth Brooks this month ,still makes him a foreigner.
            Not much difference tween Mr Brooks n Henry Vlll eh.
            We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Not much difference tween Mr Brooks n Henry Vlll eh.
              I never heard either of them sing....

but, I know one cancelled a few convents...
              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• old times in Dublin.
                Attached Files
                in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Originally posted by pegasus View Post
                  Wood Quay.
                  Brill old pic Pegs. This one is hard to imagine.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• That brings back memories DTW. I bought my first car in 1965, a very old two door Triumph Herald. As I had a Full Licence for my Honda 50 I did not need to do a Driving Test, which was being brought in for the first time. I bought it for £140 from a friend of mine. I had never driven a car before. He drove me up to the Phoenix Park and he gave me basic lessons on the Main Road in the Park. I took a weeks holidays from work and parked the car just outside the Park Gates on the N.C.Rd. I went up every day took sandwiches with me and spent the whole day practising in the Park. There was hardly another Car in the Park. I parked it outside the gates again and did the same each day. By the end of the week I was a reasonably competent driver and took to the City Streets.
                    My point was that I lived in Phibsboro and worked in Grafton Street and used to drive to work maybe three times a week and had to negotiate that particular junction.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                      old times in Dublin.
                      love that pic, it really shows how large the pillar was.

Comment

• Abbey Street

Fleet Street

Molesworth Street
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Where's this....?
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by pegasus View Post
                            That brings back memories DTW. I bought my first car in 1965, a very old two door Triumph Herald. As I had a Full Licence for my Honda 50 I did not need to do a Driving Test, which was being brought in for the first time. I bought it for £140 from a friend of mine. I had never driven a car before. He drove me up to the Phoenix Park and he gave me basic lessons on the Main Road in the Park. I took a weeks holidays from work and parked the car just outside the Park Gates on the N.C.Rd. I went up every day took sandwiches with me and spent the whole day practising in the Park. There was hardly another Car in the Park. I parked it outside the gates again and did the same each day. By the end of the week I was a reasonably competent driver and took to the City Streets.
                            My point was that I lived in Phibsboro and worked in Grafton Street and used to drive to work maybe three times a week and had to negotiate that particular junction.
                            Great story there Pegs, I lolled away to myself here at that....I must say you were very good, most just got a car and took to the streets without even a lesson....I knew someone who drove for 12 yrs before entertaining a test....but Ireland was very laid back then and ppl believed they could talk their way out of anything with the cops.

That junction would frighten the shoyte outa Sterling Moss even.

This one ...quieter still.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by nansson View Post
                              Where's this....?
                              Jaze nans.....I'm sure I followed this one through in another life.....it ran for a long time on .ie....Not 100% sure if it was ever cracked though.

First thoughts come to mind of ....part of the remains of the Molyneux Theatre Hall and Church down round old Quinnerland.....but that's just a wild stab...leave it and I'll see what else crops up......Do you actually know where it is yourself or are you just quizzing it ?.

Comment

Jaze nans.....I'm sure I followed this one through in another life.....it ran for a long time on .ie....Not 100% sure if it was ever cracked though.

First thoughts come to mind of ....part of the remains of the Molyneux Theatre Hall and Church down round old Quinnerland.....but that's just a wild stab...leave it and I'll see what else crops up......Do you actually know where it is yourself or are you just quizzing it ?.
                                I know where it is Noel......it's a good one - let it run

Comment

Working...
                                X