anyone here from walkinstown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avcah View Post
    Super pubs was the way to go when the tiger was roaring now most use just one section of a pub ....rest is going to waste....
    I know - the submarine was a great pub and I remember going there some sundays with my friend to see Bee Bop Gold playing whilst we had a few drinks. She even hired them for her wedding LOL. I bumped into Ann Nugent at one of these sessions in the Sub.

Definitely great times.
    UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
      I know - the submarine was a great pub and I remember going there some sundays with my friend to see Bee Bop Gold playing whilst we had a few drinks. She even hired them for her wedding LOL. I bumped into Ann Nugent at one of these sessions in the Sub.

Definitely great times.
      old sub was far better than the new one.....

Comment

I remember being in the Sub....but cant remember it being in walkinstown can you believe.....we lived in Rathfarnham at the time....so i always thought perhaps it was somewhere close to rathfarnham. Im too long out of dublin

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
          I remember being in the Sub....but cant remember it being in walkinstown can you believe.....we lived in Rathfarnham at the time....so i always thought perhaps it was somewhere close to rathfarnham. Im too long out of dublin
          Oh its on the border as such....the older one is now where the enterance to the car park is......it was beside the only Chinese in that area an beyond for years....name of it escaped me now.....I doubt if many of us even a curry then....I remember my Brother and his 3 friends went there on night and all ordered steak.....

Comment

It was on the crossroads of Crumlin and walkinstown tbh. The Ashleaf SC takes up some of the space now. Pass it quite a bit on the bus to my mum's but last time I was walking round that area was last month and I bumped into an old schoolpal in McDonalds with her daughters and grandson. That was the highlight of my day lol. (Helen that's traze I am talking about here)
            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by avcah View Post
              Oh its on the border as such....the older one is now where the enterance to the car park is......it was beside the only Chinese in that area an beyond for years....name of it escaped me now.....I doubt if many of us even a curry then....I remember my Brother and his 3 friends went there on night and all ordered steak.....
              Theres a new Asian restaurant opened up on the Walkinstown Road in the SC opposite super valu - not 100% sure of the name but it starts with a K. Saw it advertised on FB.
              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by suzieq View Post
                theres a new asian restaurant opened up on the walkinstown road in the sc opposite super valu - not 100% sure of the name but it starts with a k. Saw it advertised on fb.
                kfc...
                The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
                  kfc...
                  Not a great name for a Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                    It was on the crossroads of Crumlin and walkinstown tbh. The Ashleaf SC takes up some of the space now. Pass it quite a bit on the bus to my mum's but last time I was walking round that area was last month and I bumped into an old schoolpal in McDonalds with her daughters and grandson. That was the highlight of my day lol. (Helen that's traze I am talking about here)
                    Still cant remember the name of that chinese....so annoying

Comment

kfc...
                      No its not Dinny

Think its called Kin or something like that??

EDIT: Just googled it - yes its called Kin on Walkinstown Rd
                      Last edited by Suzieq; 14-11-2018, 01:34 PM. Reason: added another comment
                      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

I just google mapped the area and took a look around...jesus i didnt recognize any where almost..but now im homesick

Comment

I just google mapped the area and took a look around...jesus i didnt recognize any where almost..but now im homesick
                          Ah thats terrible...

Comment

I know and now since i discovered the wonderful bread i really want to go home and buy truck loads....id give my first second and third borns and fourth to have some battered food....calamari....shrimp....chicken balls......christ...the glutenfree batter here is shyte

Comment

I know and now since i discovered the wonderful bread i really want to go home and buy truck loads....id give my first second and third borns and fourth to have some battered food....calamari....shrimp....chicken balls......christ...the glutenfree batter here is shyte
                              Bought one of those non sliced batch loaf yesterday ..the one with the big crusty top on it and a crust on the side.....haven't had it in years.....bleedin lovely
                              The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Bought one of those non sliced batch loaf yesterday ..the one with the big crusty top on it and a crust on the side.....haven't had it in years.....bleedin lovely

with chips...

Comment

Working...
                                X