RTE Radio 1 .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTE Radio 1 .

This Saturday , history buffs may find this well worth a listen .

Documentary , me thinks it called ' Brigadier ' , ad sounded very interesting .

John Bowman .....

On this morning ,lovely little bit on this morning about Veronica Dunne .... snippets of past interviews , Hugh O'Flaherty was her guardian while she studied in Rome .
    Last edited by Twobob; 11-04-2021, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
      On this morning ,lovely little bit on this morning about Veronica Dunne .... snippets of past interviews , Hugh O'Flaherty was her guardian while she studied in Rome .
      I heard that Twobob it was very nice

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
        I heard that Twobob it was very nice
        Loved the line when she was asked " did you get the bus " and she replied " no , but you got the message " ........ brilliant .

Comment

Here we go ..

Comment

That was lovely Twobob, thanks for posting

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
              That was lovely Twobob, thanks for posting
              Have to honest Vico , never heard of the lady before , seen her name for the 1st time on here , then when I heard who the show was about thought I'd give it a listen ....... glad I did .

Comment

She was well known in musical circles. She was a toughie but helped a lot of young singers. if they showed a lot of talent and were stuck for cash, she would take them in to live with her and train them for free. A lot of singers owe her a huge debt of gratitude

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                  She was well known in musical circles. She was a toughie but helped a lot of young singers. if they showed a lot of talent and were stuck for cash, she would take them in to live with her and train them for free. A lot of singers owe her a huge debt of gratitude
                  She had a great career ahead of her as a top class international singer.....so sad she decided to take the direction she did
                  The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
                    She had a great career ahead of her as a top class international singer.....so sad she decided to take the direction she did
                    Strange that your man advising her to go that direction ended up not speaking to her again as she choose her family first .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                      Strange that your man advising her to go that direction ended up not speaking to her again as she choose her family first .
                      He could see & hear how good she was and a voice like that only comes along once in a lifetime and she threw it away as far as he was concerned
                      The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
                        He could see & hear how good she was and a voice like that only comes along once in a lifetime and she threw it away as far as he was concerned
                        The fact that her children were already born made the decision easier me thinks ......... there will always be the case of the ' what ifs ' , even with us mere mortals , lol .

Comment

I would say it was a tough decision for her. But I guess she did not want her children to say many years later, that she put her career before them.

Comment

I.R.F.U. tour of S.Africa /81 .

Comment

Women of Honour ....

The #MilitaryMeToo campaign revealed bullying, misogyny and violence within armed forces around the globe. Katie Hannon meets former female members of the Irish Defence Forces.

Broadcast last week .

Comment

Working...
                              X