The Liberties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jembo View Post
    2lb jam jars and green bottles fetched more but if you got your hands on clip glass stopper lemonade bottles you were lucky and it was gold to find a soda syphon.
    Ahh yeah....lemonade and syphons yer right...the syphons seemed to be sealed ....wonder how they opened and reused them, or was it just the glass value ?.
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
      Ahh yeah....lemonade and syphons yer right...the syphons seemed to be sealed ....wonder how they opened and reused them, or was it just the glass value ?.
      They used to break the glass container and recycle the tops. Not sure what metal they were made of back then
      I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
      Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• Originally posted by jembo View Post
        He was about 5.6 in hight and smoked a dirty old pipe. He would sometimes hang out with another old vet who was badly shell shocked and used to march around the Liberties in battle dress uniform and full marching order. I recall he had tattoos on his temples. A harmless auld soul if ever there was one.
        Sounds about right from my memory he wore one them oul brown macs too.
        We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• O connors

Originally posted by Pat View Post
          Hi all, I'm Pat, originally from St Thomas Rd, am now living in Toronto, was wondering if any of the members are from around Thomas Rd. I saw a while back someone was trying to trace The Whelans/OConnors, well I'm one of the OConnors from 8 Thomas Rd. couldn't get on the forum at the time, but am a member now, I'm really enjoying it. My husband is from Kevin St flats so if there's any members from there would love to hear from you. We left Dublin in 1990 and we go home a lot, age group for us is 54/53 ...just thought to let you know. Thanks again...Pat.
          Hi Pat

I moved with my family from our ground floor flat (26 Lower Kevin Street) in 1945 (aged 11) and moved to England. About 3 doors away was the lovely O'Connor Family and I played with them for years. Are you related?

Comment

• Francis Stret Photographer

I just came across this Facebook page. Lots of old photos that might be of interest to members from this area (I think I've put this in the right section but not that familiar with South Dublin).

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
              I just came across this Facebook page. Lots of old photos that might be of interest to members from this area (I think I've put this in the right section but not that familiar with South Dublin).

https://www.facebook.com/JohnWalsh50Francisstreet/
              That's me goosed for viewing ....... no Facecloth account ......... sorry , book .

Comment

• There was a programme on RTE awhile ago about the Francis Street Photographer. It was a lovely programme with lots of interesting pictures

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                  That's me goosed for viewing ....... no Facecloth account ......... sorry , book .
                  You'll have to get one for when the forum shuts, otherwise how can we keep tabs on you?

Comment

• Longford Street

My 3rd great-grandmother was born in Longford Street 1820. Is it in the Liberties as it seems on the fringe of the area. Her father lived there from 1818 until
                    his death. John Regan and his daughter Ann. Looking for photos of the area circa 1850,

Comment

Working...
                    X