No announcement yet.

Looking for a Grave....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again any help is always appreciated. I visited Dublin twice last year visiting various streets and locations where the family lived etc mainly in the Kilmainham area.

Comment

Rose ok that gives me something to follow up. The more recent records etc are more difficult to trace, as I am sure there would have been children born that I haven't been able to locate etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Chids View Post
        I am researching my Daniel/Daniels family from Dublin and I am trying to locate a couple of graves or likely burial sites without much luck.

The first is a Lizzie (Elizabeth) Daniels who died 29.12.1909 she was listed as living in Sarah Place Kilmainham which is where the family were from.

I am also trying to find the burial plot for her Son, William Daniels who died July 1947 he served in the army with the Royal Dublin Fusiliers. He was living in Woodroffe Cottages in Island Bridge.

I have tried
        Glasnevin
        Bluebell
        Clontarf
        St. Caniclas
        Golden bridge
        And Mount Jerome all without any luck .

I'm hoping for some help or advice.
        Thanks
        Esker cemetery in Lucan would be a good place to look...
        That would be the main cemetery for around that area
        Islandbridge , Chapelizod .., Ballyfermot etc

Here are the contact details for South Dublin County Council (burials section)

contact info@sdublincoco.ie or 01-4149000

Have the details to hand ...dates of burial etc...they will look after you

Also Chapelizod catholic church has a small graveyard beside it

Chapelizod Rd, Chapelizod, Dublin 20
        (01) 534 1047

Comment

go on the IGP's facebook site and ask your questions, lots of helpful posters only too willing to help. Good luck

Comment

yes my hubby found some pictures of sarah place theyre on the RTE archives site i think...when he comes back i'll get the link for you....by sheer coincidence when he saw the photos his own father was in several of them and he was too and a brother and sister..how cool is that lol....i'll put the link up for you when i get it..

Comment

Originally posted by Chids View Post
              Rose ok that gives me something to follow up. The more recent records etc are more difficult to trace, as I am sure there would have been children born that I haven't been able to locate etc.
              Hi Chids... I did some checking for you. The Daniels family we knew were Jewish...apparently there was a number of 'Daniels' families in Dublin who were Jewish.

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the replies and helpful ideas and tips.

As far as I know my Daniels are not of Jewish origin so it must just be a coincidence.

I will follow up on the Esker cemetery and the other suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by bettyl View Post
                  go on the IGP's facebook site and ask your questions, lots of helpful posters only too willing to help. Good luck
                  What is IGP ? Sorry to appear ignorant I've not heard of that before 😬

Comment

Hi Chids....this might be it....The Irish Genealogy Page. Are you from the USA?
                    The Irish Genealogy Page, Cork. 10,147 likes. Page full of links and tips and stories that will help you in your search for Irish ancestors Please like, share and help us spread the word.

Comment

BF that's it. IGP very good and informative facebook web site

Comment

Thanks John,

Drew a blank with Esker and Saggart cemeteries. I will try and locate details of the chapel that you mentioned. Thanks Paul

Originally posted by john doran View Post
                        Esker cemetery in Lucan would be a good place to look...
                        That would be the main cemetery for around that area
                        Islandbridge , Chapelizod .., Ballyfermot etc

Here are the contact details for South Dublin County Council (burials section)

contact info@sdublincoco.ie or 01-4149000

Have the details to hand ...dates of burial etc...they will look after you

Also Chapelizod catholic church has a small graveyard beside it

(01) 534 1047

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                          Hi Chids....this might be it....The Irish Genealogy Page. Are you from the USA?
                          https://www.facebook.com/theirishgenealogypage/
                          I'm from England managed two visits to Dublin last year.

Comment

Chids
                            The phone number for the church ..
                            (01) 534 1047
                            .it is literally up the main road from Sarah Place

I also checked the military cemetery for William ex RDF...no luck there
                            I will be in the library during the week and may find a death notice in the newspapers for them...
                            if there is one it will say where the burial had taken place

ps ...did you find them on the 1901 census
                            Also ., was Lizzie's maiden McCormack/cormick

Comment

Hi John that's brilliant thanks for your help.
                              The family were living in Sarah Place in the 1911 census and in 1901 I believe they were in the workhouse.
                              Yes Lizzies maiden name was McCormack.
                              I'll give the chapel a call now.

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Sorry i took so long to get back to you...busy weekend....so i got the link for you for those pictures of sarah place....when you open the link you need to look down the page and theres an stills library search, so just put in sarah place and boom you'll see the pictures...i was searching in the top search and it doesnt work.....good luck...

Comment

Working...
                                X