No announcement yet.

Repealing the Eighth...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad people afraid to talk about it because they might have a falling out I will be against repeal I can't even kill a spider. All the talk about rape does not get me when there is a morning after pill.

It most likely will go through as the younger people will see it as a form of contraception

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
      Sad people afraid to talk about it because they might have a falling out I will be against repeal I can't even kill a spider. All the talk about rape does not get me when there is a morning after pill.

It most likely will go through as the younger people will see it as a form of contraception
      FFS can't we tell those youngsters that abortion is NOT a form of contraception but murder. My point of view would be if you don't want to get pregnant take the Pill or use another contraceptive when having sex. That way you are preventing yourself the stress of an abortion. Prevention is better than cure!!
      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Sad people afraid to talk about it because they might have a falling out I will be against repeal I can't even kill a spider. All the talk about rape does not get me when there is a morning after pill.

to be fair, Joan, a woman who's been raped might not report it immediately for many reasons, so the morning-after pill might be too late

Comment

• Its good up to four days afterwards I am not trying to change anyones views They are just mine. I have six kids I had my first at nineteen second at twenty and third at twenty one. I think if abortion had been around that time I would have been sorely tempted So Glad I have them all their my best friends.

Comment

Its good up to four days afterwards I am not trying to change anyones views They are just mine. I have six kids I had my first at nineteen second at twenty and third at twenty one. I think if abortion had been around that time I would have been sorely tempted So Glad I have them all their my best friends.
            That is correct Joan, you don't have to get it immediately. In all the discussion I have heard so far, nobody has mentioned as far as I know, the method of killing the baby. The child is burned in a saline solution, or some other method. I forget the details. But either way, it is a painful death carried out on an innocent child who cannot defend itself. What right do we have to torture a baby to death, and our own baby into the bargain.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles View Post
              I think those stats you quoted are for abortion up to 12 weeks . The survey favouring actual repeal is much higher ( 63 %) .
              All the indications are that the government will introduce prepared legislation in advance of the referendum for abortion on demand up to 12 weeks, in line with the all party committee recommendations - this legislation will be published so that the populace are in no doubt as to what they are voting for or against.

I can re-check but I'm fairly sure the polls I came across last weekend indicated that 40/30/30 vote at present, based on the premise outlined above.
              Last edited by cogito; 21-02-2018, 11:24 PM.
              Everything is self-evident.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                That is correct Joan, you don't have to get it immediately. In all the discussion I have heard so far, nobody has mentioned as far as I know, the method of killing the baby. The child is burned in a saline solution, or some other method. I forget the details. But either way, it is a painful death carried out on an innocent child who cannot defend itself. What right do we have to torture a baby to death, and our own baby into the bargain.
                I think the saline thing is for later abortions Vico, not before the proposed 12 week limit. As far as I know abortions before 12 weeks entail altering the hormonal environment of the uterus so that the pregnancy cannot be sustained, and at this early stage a foetus is not capable of feeling pain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                  I don't think saline is used anymore tbh.
                  UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

• You know Katie today babies births are celebrated even if there is no relationship between the mother and the father, My friends have rang me so excited their daughter is pregnant and I rejoice in that.

Not so long ago a child out of wedlock was a great shame and mothers went into institutions for having them and were often shunned by their families,

Today in Ireland Children are present at their parents weddings and are often pageboys etc. How great is that

You cannot adopt an Irish child there are just none up for adoption, I know because my daughter has tried for years, You have to travel far and at great expense and wait three years.

If you decide to go on with your unwanted pregnancy and have to give up your child because of work commitments you can name your deal. Get people to adapt your child with the knowledge you are the parent and you can visit at will.

Couples who are childless are so happy to have a child in their lives they agree to anything.

I have friends in their sixties who visit their out of wedlock children and enjoy the the company of the couple who adopted their child. Giving the child an extra parent and the couple and the mother become friends as they both have the interest of the child at heart

Its the best time of all to have a child in Ireland and years later you will be so glad I have heard that from my friends who look forward to the visits of their children who were adapted

many were conceived in bad conditions one friend became pregnant only to find out her partner was romancing with her best friend, She could not care for the child her mother was old and she had to work, So she put him up for adoption. Now he is so good to her as are his adoptive parents They holiday and she frequently says without him her life would be so empty.

Ireland are unique in having the eight amendment people still travel for abortion but over five thousand babies were saved last year,

They may get a surprise on Voting day its a very emotive issue, But we could have also have been aborted if conditions existed back then. I love babies I have sixteen Grandchildren some in their twenties and if One came in tomorrow Pregnant I would celebrate at the age of seventy five I still bring my grandkids to school I still hang on their every word and I thank God for them all They bring great joy to everyone's life. I have known women who had abortions and they never quite got over it.

because you have had it in England for sometime you may accept it I hope Irish women don't accept it

Comment

• I don't "accept" it because I live in England, I have thought long and hard about the whole issue and my opinions are not written in stone by any means. You paint a very rosy picture and you obviously love children very much, but not every woman feels that way. A woman may be unwilling to put her life on hold for nine months because she made a mistake or her method of contraception failed, and not every unwanted child is adopted by a loving family, many spend their lives in care or may be abused in foster care and so on. That's the reality.

Comment

• They are very strict in Ireland families are kept under scrutiny for many years and as the parent has a right to visit them unlike days of old it is usually quite good

In my day Katie there was no contraception available So many unwanted pregnancies but today little excuse you can have pills condoms etc morning after pill if you have been unwise so no excuse Next on the agenda will be euthanasia

Comment

• That does sound very positive Joan, but I still think that women who don't want to go through with an unwanted pregnancy should have the option to terminate at an early stage. Surely it's preferable for women in Ireland to have access to safe early abortion than to have to go though the trauma of travelling abroad and delaying the procedure?

Comment

• Not to many travel abroad its to intimidating so although many will travel many more will stay here after weighing up the odds, so if we can save some lives its better then none. They reckon we saved five thousand last year

This is not going to be an easy referendum very emotive and it sometime gets very hot and heavy May will tell the tale

The ones roaring the loudest for it have never had children somehow I think having a child is a necessity in making choices like this

Comment

• I just wonder if "saving lives" when those lives are at such a rudimentary stage, with no conscious thought or sensation, is more important than the happiness of the women who are being forced to go through with the pregnancy. In theory life begins at conception, but does it really begin in any meaningful sense, and should a woman sacrifice nine months of her life for a point of principle? After all, an embryo or foetus has no awareness of its existence so it's sort of an academic concept.......should the life of a foetus be valued above the quality of life of the woman concerned? For me that's the crux of the matter.

Comment

• Thats just your opinion Katie and you are entitled to it, I cannot say I am a good Catholic I think Christ handed down Christianity and somehow it became Catholic, Christ commandants do not say you have to go to Mass on Sunday or a whole lot of other things, So I consider myself a Christian

In the Christian belief a soul enters the body at the moment of conception and nobody can tell what a baby suffers even after a week or two when its forming rapidly

You can tell by our posts how divided everyone is on the subject and why the Government are dreading it

Comment

Working...
                                X