No announcement yet.

The History of Crumlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo of my aunt at a Crumlin wedding Cosmos she is first to your left of the screen. Now look at the photo of James and you will see the resemblence

This wedding was in the late thirties his mam would have been about eighteen here
    Attached Files

Comment

• another crumlin wedding, my wifes parents on their wedding day in monasterboyce rd [spell] don`t know the date maybe late 30s early 40s, her maiden name was mahon........ I had another look at the picture of the boys last night and I could see eithine in the lads face .
      Attached Files
      in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Lovely photo Cosmos Great to look back on. I knew so many from Monsterboice when I was at school I knew Flynns and Delmars etc but many names have escaped from my brain

Weddings were so different then, Usually in the house and starting early in the morning and ending up in a great hooley I loved to go to those weddings but I missed them because I was too young, I did at seventeen attend one and it was great, A young Ronnie Drew turned up for it He was just beginning to become known I still remember the great fun it was
        Last edited by joan mack; 02-09-2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• My Brother and his friend sitting on the railings on Downpatrick road my brother is to the right of your screen
          Attached Files
          Last edited by joan mack; 10-09-2017, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by liam
            hi anybody know the Byrnes of Monsterboice road .they were boxers ,Ollie and Peter and sister Lillie
            I remember Ollie but I didn't know that Lillie boxed

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
              I remember Ollie but I didn't know that Lillie boxed
              "So tell me champ, did you ever fight a broad. On second thoughts, don't answer that". Anyone remember that recording?

Comment

• [QUOTE=joan mack;452445]My Brother and his friend sitting on the railings on Downpatrick road my brother is to the right of your screen[/QUOTE

He is taking a awkward stance on that railings, Joan, ha ha

Comment

• Yes Raphael all six foot two of him looked so funny. I bet he did not stay there for long. Not a lot of photos taken in them times very few cameras around.

Now they are everywhere.

Like you Raphael my brother is a keen hiker and mountain walker here is now much older and I hope wiser, This was taken recently
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Lovely photo of CBS Crumlin some of the members here are in it but for the sake of their privacy I will not name them. But I have to Thank Nemmy for the photo lol!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• And I haven't changed a bit Joan.

Comment

• My photo was 1961 but I don't know what year this one is from.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                          Lovely photo of CBS Crumlin some of the members here are in it but for the sake of their privacy I will not name them. But I have to Thank Nemmy for the photo lol!
                          I was a great Tipperary supporter in them days because if they won that teacher Donnie Nealon who played for Tip didn’t batter you

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post

I was a great Tipperary supporter in them days because if they won that teacher Donnie Nealon who played for Tip didn’t batter you
                            He is still around in Tipperary. He was just out of St. Pat's as far as I know Rasher. Well maybe a year or two. One of the lads in the photo is Martin Peelo and his father Johnny played for Shels in the late forties. I remember Nealon asking him was his father bald because of heading the football.

Comment

• Is it true Crumlin turned into Apache country just like Finglas. .....
                              We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                                Is it true Crumlin turned into Apache country just like Finglas. .....
                                Its the cheaper option for affordable living just like Finglas is.

hope that answers your question
                                UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X