The beginning of the End?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The beginning of the End?

Could this be the start of the revolution?
    If not, why not?

THERE was mayhem and widespread disruption on Dublin streets this evening as protesters brought evening rush-hour traffic to a standstill, blocking off the main thoroughfare of O'Connell Bridge.

The Rebel - P.H.Pearse

I am come of the seed of the people, the people that sorrow;
    Who have no treasure but hope,
    No riches laid up but a memory of an ancient glory
    My mother bore me in bondage, in bondage my mother was born,
    I am of the blood of serfs;
    The children with whom I have played, the men and women with whom I have eaten
    Have had masters over them, have been under the lash of masters,
    and though gentle, have served churls.
    The hands that have touched mine,
    the dear hands whose touch Is familiar to me
    Have worn shameful manacles, have been bitten at the wrist by manacles,
    have grown hard with the manacles and the task-work of strangers.
    I am flesh of the flesh of these lowly, I am bone of their bone I that have never submitted;
    I that have a soul greater than the souls of my people’s masters,
    I that have vision and prophecy, and the gift of fiery speech,
    I that have spoken with God on the top of his holy hill.
    And because I am of the people, I understand the people,
    I am sorrowful with their sorrow, I am hungry with their desire;
    My heart is heavy with the grief of mothers,
    My eyes have been wet with the tears of children,
    I have yearned with old wistful men,
    And laughed and cursed with young men;
    Their shame is my shame, and I have reddened for it
    Reddened for that they have served, they who should be free
    Reddened for that they have gone in want, while others have been full,
    Reddened for that they have walked in fear of lawyers and their jailors.
    With their Writs of Summons and their handcuffs,
    Men mean and cruel.
    I could have borne stripes on my body
    Rather than this shame of my people.
    And now I speak, being full of vision:
    I speak to my people, and I speak in my people’s name to
    The masters of my people:
    I say to my people that they are holy,
    That they are august despite their chains.
    That they are greater than those that hold them
    And stronger and purer,
    That they have but need of courage, and to call on the name of their God,
    God the unforgetting, the dear God who loves the people
    For whom he died naked, suffering shame.
    And I say to my people’s masters: Beware
    Beware of the thing that is coming, beware of the risen people
    Who shall take what ye would not give.
    Did ye think to conquer the people, or that law is stronger than life,
    And than men’s desire to be free?
    We will try it out with you ye that have harried and held,
    Ye that have bullied and bribed.
    Tyrants… hypocrites… liars!

BEWARE THE RISEN PEOPLE !!!
    Last edited by Hagar; 18-09-2013, 07:55 PM.

Anti-austerity protest spreads from Dáil to quays in Dublin

An anti-austerity protest is continuing on Dublin's O'Connell Bridge, blocking traffic on the quays.

An injured man is given medical attention as Gardaí clash with protestors outside Leinster House today..

MORE....
    Attached Files
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Because we have been much worse off in this country in the past and didnt revolt , just got on with it , same as now Hagar .

Comment

I was on that protest today. Four men were pepper sprayed and one elderly lady was hurt and bruised. There was no need for this as it was a peaceful protest.
        It is what it is.

Comment

You're wrong Pammy, there was every need. People must not be allowed think for themselves and if they have the temerity to do so they must do it alone, in private, in their homes, with the curtains drawn where they cannot rock the status quo. God forbid that the electorate would make their views known except once every 4 tears when they can be shepherd into voting the way their forefathers did and elect the sons and daughters of the men their forefathers elected.
          We are a republic but a republic with many royal families. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Families_in_the_Oireachtas

Comment

This Guard goes out of his way to attack peaceful protesters and pepper spray 3 of them. He then when pulled up by The camera man throws another camera man into him.

'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

That's very disturbing rashers.This cop appears to be a loose cannon and his actions could very well have caused a lot more trouble for his colleagues and the protesters. I hope he is disciplined for this.
              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

We hear that all the time that the badly behaving Garda is a "loose cannon" or "an exception to the rule". But we hear it so often that I no longer believe it. They can't all be exceptions. I think that is the way the Gardaí are as a whole. I think that the professional, fair, knowledgeable, well disciplined Garda is the exception to the rule. In general the Gardaí are a very unprofessional police force full of the type of people who like to be able to throw their weight around.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagar View Post
                  We hear that all the time that the badly behaving Garda is a "loose cannon" or "an exception to the rule". But we hear it so often that I no longer believe it. They can't all be exceptions. I think that is the way the Gardaí are as a whole. I think that the professional, fair, knowledgeable, well disciplined Garda is the exception to the rule. In general the Gardaí are a very unprofessional police force full of the type of people who like to be able to throw their weight around.
                  There are good and bad officers in every police force. We must not lose track of the fact that the Garda are the buffer between the public and the criminals and indeed some of them have lost their lives doing so. Members of the force put themselves in danger on a daily basis to protect life and limb. For that the public should be grateful. I think it would be erroneous to tar them all with the same brush.
                  I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                  Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
                    I was on that protest today. Four men were pepper sprayed and one elderly lady was hurt and bruised. There was no need for this as it was a peaceful protest.
                    Good for you Pam, if I lived in Ireland I would have stood shoulder to shoulder with the protestors -people have to be allowed to protest without heavy handed shites in uniform (you know the saying - give them a uniform and they think they are in charge) over reacting

The guard needs anger management counseling - he over reacted badly

I never thought I would live to see the Irish roll over and almost ;die;
                    Last edited by Red Biddy; 20-09-2013, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                      This Guard goes out of his way to attack peaceful protesters and pepper spray 3 of them. He then when pulled up by The camera man throws another camera man into him.
                      Originally posted by jembo View Post
                      That's very disturbing rashers.This cop appears to be a loose cannon and his actions could very well have caused a lot more trouble for his colleagues and the protesters. I hope he is disciplined for this.
                      Originally posted by Hagar View Post
                      Anyone who goes to the bother of following the YouTube link above back to source will see that the vast majority of Irish comments on the video express the opinion that the cop carried out his duty in a proper fashion despite having a camera shoved in his face while he was being taunted as a 'coward' by some brave soul with a megaphone...

And to those of you posting in your criticisms of Irish policing from abroad - I would suggest you look at the 'discipline' of the forces in your own jurisdictions under similar circumstances....
                      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                        Anyone who goes to the bother of following the YouTube link above back to source will see that the vast majority of Irish comments on the video express the opinion that the cop carried out his duty in a proper fashion despite having a camera shoved in his face while he was being taunted as a 'coward' by some brave soul with a megaphone...

And to those of you posting in your criticisms of Irish policing from abroad - I would suggest you look at the 'discipline' of the forces in your own jurisdictions under similar circumstances....

Of course, all bullies - think Hillsborough and the Birmingham 6 - grow up

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                          Of course, all bullies - think Hillsborough and the Birmingham 6 - grow up
                          West Midlands police force...and your point is ??

Comment

I live in the West Midlands and know all about the tactics of the West Midlands police. And the copper in Dublin was a gent?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                              I live in the West Midlands and know all about the tactics of the West Midlands police. And the copper in Dublin was a gent?
                              On the strength of the video...we have nothing to indicate one way or other...

Comment

Working...
                              X