This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
    Well done.....still trying to find exact location on map.
    well it was a bit odd, when I googled "Tripoli Inchicore/Pimlico" I got zilch, then I put in "5 Tripoli" and that came up!

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
      well it was a bit odd, when I googled "Tripoli Inchicore/Pimlico" I got zilch, then I put in "5 Tripoli" and that came up!
      Got Thomas Court Bawn, nearest... but we need JD's map expertise to suss it.
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Got Thomas Court Bawn, nearest... but we need JD's map expertise to suss it.
        yes, JD will nail it I reckon

Comment

yes, JD will nail it I reckon
          Got it !!!

Comment

Got it !!!
            got what??

Comment

• Originally posted by katiemorag View Post
              got what??
              TRIPILO !!!! what a strange name .....
              Attached Files

Comment

• so is it Tripoli or Tripilo?

Comment

so is it Tripoli or Tripilo?
                  My map 1762 says Tripilo....

Comment

My map 1762 says Tripilo....
                    Thom's says Tripoli........we nay never know the truth.......

Comment

Thom's says Tripoli........we nay never know the truth.......
                      By 1831 it's changed to tripoli ffs.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Kin map makers an I for an O....and the whole place changes....

Comment

• Very impressed Katie and Damn, really believed it was a typo on someones part, such an unusual name.

Know the spot and will toddle along there and maybe even knock on a door or two and enquire if folk know about the name. Think there is a small open space there which now is a kids playground. Due a lunch time stroll from KIlmainham to Meath Street to my favourite cake shop for some tipsy, snowcake and fly traps. This shop I think is the replacement for famous St Catherines of bygone days in Thomas Court selling plenty of cut-your-own bread in the old style.

Should I leave a few bob there for tasty cakes for you guys in case you are passing that way soon as a little thank you ????

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat Monks View Post
                            Very impressed Katie and Damn, really believed it was a typo on someones part, such an unusual name.

Know the spot and will toddle along there and maybe even knock on a door or two and enquire if folk know about the name. Think there is a small open space there which now is a kids playground. Due a lunch time stroll from KIlmainham to Meath Street to my favourite cake shop for some tipsy, snowcake and fly traps. This shop I think is the replacement for famous St Catherines of bygone days in Thomas Court selling plenty of cut-your-own bread in the old style.

Should I leave a few bob there for tasty cakes for you guys in case you are passing that way soon as a little thank you ????
                            ooh yes please........might be a while till i can get there as my passport just ran out

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat Monks View Post
                              Very impressed Katie and Damn, really believed it was a typo on someones part, such an unusual name.

Tipsy cake.....jaze that takes me back.....used te devour that stuff.....forgot all about it till now. Yeah leave a few quids worth.

Comment

Tipsy cake.....jaze that takes me back.....used te devour that stuff.....forgot all about it till now. Yeah leave a few quids worth.
                                I'm a bit confused by the fly traps, is it a bakers or a hardware store?

Comment

Working...
                                X