Is there any left..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any left..

Are there and cobbled or wooden block surfaced streets left in dublin?

Last cobbles I remember were in both Ship Streets, Last wooden blocks were in Whitefriar Street..
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Originally posted by quinner View Post

Last cobbles I remember were in both Ship Streets, Last wooden blocks were in Whitefriar Street..
    Down Temple Bar area for the cobbled ..... was struggling to walk on them when going into the boozer , much ........... much worse when I came out , due to the prices .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
      Down Temple Bar area for the cobbled ..... was struggling to walk on them when going into the boozer , much ........... much worse when I came out , due to the prices .
      LOL, can't say I ever had a drink down that way But knew it well in the old days as I worked in Cope Street....Last time I was in Dublin I met a lady friend of mine at the rear of the Corpo electoral register office, I think that is Essex street east there...She was parked in the underground car park.
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

LOL, can't say I ever had a drink down that way But knew it well in the old days as I worked in Cope Street....Last time I was in Dublin I met a lady friend of mine at the rear of the Corpo electoral register office, I think that is Essex street east there...She was parked in the underground car park.
        Your O.P crossed my mind last week , rambled into town to view Christ Church [never been] , got there only to be told I couldn't have a ramble around , tour guide only , nope ......... then rambled over to St Patrick's Cathedral , same there , nope again ... heading back through one of the back streets ........... cobbles everywhere .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post

I was in Dunnes Stores a few weeks ago and I decided to buy a load of drink for Christmas to have in the house when people call. One of the things I bought was 20 bottles of Coors light and it was 23 euros for the box. Last Saturday I was in Darky Kelly’s on Fishamble street and a woman who was with us was drinking a bottle of Coors light and it was 6.75 a bottle, so to have 20 bottles it would have cost 135 euros. That’s some mark up for that pub

Comment

Around Guinnesses there’s still plenty of cobbles

Comment

Working...
            X