Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The [latest] referendum .....

How did it come about ? .

The sticking point of the proposed use of " Durable relationship " as to which there was no definitive or legal explanation given , so , how would you term the legal terminology of the use of the word ' family ' ...... I'd have 2 in mind .

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
    How did it come about ? .

The sticking point of the proposed use of " Durable relationship " as to which there was no definitive or legal explanation given , so , how would you term the legal terminology of the use of the word ' family ' ...... I'd have 2 in mind .
    I would define both outcomes had they been carried as a field day for solicitors. They would have milked it in the courts and made all sorts of interpretations.
    Remember when a family member needed looking after ? Now you get enumerated by the state. Oh and you can keep your dole too, which was redefined as Job Seekers, You can’t do both.

Comment

So far Dun Laoghaire is the only area to vote Yes Why?

Comment

Egg on the faces of all political partie,s,yes I would agree it would have made plenty of work for legal eagles.

Comment

Look on the bright side....Next time they know what the electorate don't want/
          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

A Shambles by the government......also Mary Lou blaming everyone except Sinn Fein ...who also support a yes / yes vote
            The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
              A Shambles by the government......also Mary Lou blaming everyone except Sinn Fein ...who also support a yes / yes vote
              Exactly , they say something along the line of that it wasn't explained enough to the electorate and now blame the government ............ did they not see an opportunity to do what the government failed to do , bottom line , they judged it wrongly also and looking to pass the blame ........ tells you all you need to know .

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                So far Dun Laoghaire is the only area to vote Yes Why?
                Weren’t they the only constituency that voted for divorce in 1986 ? Could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                  Look on the bright side....Next time they know what the electorate don't want/
                  Don't want them to waste another 23million .

Comment

Originally posted by DP Kilfo View Post

Don't want them to waste another 23million .
                    Good point DP, but I look on it as an extra few quid for those who work at setting up and counting etc...
                    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                      Weren’t they the only constituency that voted for divorce in 1986 ? Could be wrong.
                      I was living away that one, but I would have voted yes if here

Comment

Not certain Bigby but I think you are right, it is ringing a bell

Comment

Some T.Ds " I voted no " ....... why let it be known ? ,

Comment

Alexandre Auguste Ledru-Rollin (French
                            • "There go my people. I must find out where they are going so I can lead them"

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                              Some T.Ds " I voted no " ....... why let it be known ? ,
                              Ego maybe, the no's won so they wish to be seen to be on the winning side and the side of the people. There is no knowing the way a TD's mind work.

Comment

Working...
                              X