X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoofers

Have you got a favourite one ?

One of my nephews can’t stop spoofing if he tried

I told him a minor anecdote of something happened when I was much younger and he has told me the same story back several times with him taking my place.

I haven’t the heart to pull him up on it because I love him to bits , but it’s hard to believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

Have you come across any in your time.? I have I have to say , and the nephew is only in the hapenny place

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
    Have you got a favourite one ?

One of my nephews can’t stop spoofing if he tried

I told him a minor anecdote of something happened when I was much younger and he has told me the same story back several times with him taking my place.

I haven’t the heart to pull him up on it because I love him to bits , but it’s hard to believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

Have you come across any in your time.? I have I have to say , and the nephew is only in the hapenny place
    I told this story myself more than once ,when my wifes water broke on our first born I telephoned the Combe hospital from a public phone box to see what do we do next ,is this her first child said the lady on the phone , no I said I'm. her husband ,. That was a Hal Roach joke and I've told it so many times that I half believe it's true.

Comment

There was one Walter Mitty in our class who said his father a pilot in the Aer Corp flew too close to Nelsons Pillar on the Easter fly by and knocked off one of Nelson's arms
      Last edited by john doran; 29-05-2024, 09:31 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

My uncle used to tell us a story when we were kids, he said he was playing in the FA cup final in Wembley and he kicked the ball so high up in the air that it never came down. He was playing in the FA cup final the next year and the ball he had kicked up in the air the previous year came down

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
          My uncle used to tell us a story when we were kids, he said he was playing in the FA cup final in Wembley and he kicked the ball so high up in the air that it never came down. He was playing in the FA cup final the next year and the ball he had kicked up in the air the previous year came down
          Did he play for Wimbledon ?

Comment

Did he play for Wimbledon ?
            No but he played in Wembley every year for whoever won the cup and he was always center forward, one year the winger who always took the corners was injured, there was no subs in them days so when they got a corner my uncle took it and he took a slow motion corner and ran in and headed the ball into the net. HE WAS GIFTED

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
              No but he played in Wembley every year for whoever won the cup and he was always center forward, one year the winger who always took the corners was injured, there was no subs in them days so when they got a corner my uncle took it and he took a slow motion corner and ran in and headed the ball into the net. HE WAS GIFTED
              Wimbledon were notorious for kicking the ball up in the air in the 1980s. Sometimes the ball would come back down with icicles on it ( who’s spoofing now )

Brian Clough use to say that if God wanted us to play football up in the air, he would have put grass in the clouds.

Comment

Wimbledon were notorious for kicking the ball up in the air in the 1980s. Sometimes the ball would come back down with icicles on it ( who’s spoofing now )

Brian Clough use to say that if God wanted us to play football up in the air, he would have put grass in the clouds.
                Jack's army as well

Comment

I wonder do children who are spoofers grow up into adults who are spoofers or do they grow out of it

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                    I wonder do children who are spoofers grow up into adults who are spoofers or do they grow out of it
                    Good question , I don’t think they do. When i went to school, I was about 8 years of age one of the other kids used to cadge half of my sandwiches , ( the next school I went to all the sandwiches were free) He did this on the promise that he would give me a bike. His father had hundreds of them, he said In the absence of any other alternative narrative I believed him , Every day he had a different excuse for not delivering, his da was sick , the bike I was to get was getting sprayed and had to dry etc. etc.

I remember my 8 year old logic kicking in when he informed me that he was training one of his dogs to cycle the bike up to my house. I never told him where I lived !

If anyone continued spoofing in his later years it was him.

Comment

Working...
                    X