Storm Barra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm Barra

Not officially named but heading for a direct hit and looks stronger than Arwen which devastated Scotland and North East England. One weather model is predicting sustained 100mph winds off the South Coast which is hurricane level damage. So better start checking and securing anything that might fly into your house or neighbours before Tuesday.

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
    Not officially named but heading for a direct hit and looks stronger than Arwen which devastated Scotland and North East England. One weather model is predicting sustained 100mph winds off the South Coast which is hurricane level damage. So better start checking and securing anything that might fly into your house or neighbours before Tuesday.
    We haven’t really had a storm of any great substance this year. Remember 20 years ago they were a regular occurrence every winter.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
      We haven’t really had a storm of any great substance this year. Remember 20 years ago they were a regular occurrence every winter.
      When does the Bojangles winter begin and end,?

Comment

Hopefully no harm to anyone ........ but I do enjoy a good blast .

Comment

When does the Bojangles winter begin and end,?
          Starts in December, finishes in May , like the rest of Ireland

Comment

Starts in December, finishes in May , like the rest of Ireland
            Seems more major weather events in the last decade than 20 years ago.

Comment

Global warming and I doubt anyone is doing enough to halt it. I would say we would see it affect here sooner than later. I honestly think we have about fifty years left

Comment

Seems more major weather events in the last decade than 20 years ago.

https://www.met.ie/climate/major-weather-events
                We have a piece of land in Wexford, lots of 40 year old conifers , Leylandii, Scots Pine , much older Macrocarpa. I let the neighbours saw up any fallen trees for firewood , but hardly any over the last five years or so. No shortage prior to that.

Comment

We have a piece of land in Wexford, lots of 40 year old conifers , Leylandii, Scots Pine , much older Macrocarpa. I let the neighbours saw up any fallen trees for firewood , but hardly any over the last five years or so. No shortage prior to that.
                  Might be busy after Wednesday.

Comment

Must be bad .......... it knocked Covid off the 6.01 News headline .

Comment

Might be busy after Wednesday.
                      Yep , although a 50ft eucalyptus came down 2 years ago now that I recall.

Comment

What about closing down the complete country when Hurricane Ophelia was due to hit us .....it turned out to be just an normal winters day......and we were the laughing stock of the world .....a completely deserted Ireland was shown worldwide ...it cost the country millions .....and not a strong breeze in sight.....I remember being in the Mater hospital that day ......and after getting a local anesthetic I was sent home, i had to walk home still groggy as no Taxi's or buses were running ....all because of people that cant do their jobs.....only in Ireland
                        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

All schools closed in Dublin which only has a yellow warning and even the colleges, Its just like a bank Holiday. Bet the shops will be busy. I hope my outdoor lights are not send flying. Supposed to start at six am. Covid Positive numbers were right down today only in the Two Thousands Hope it continues

Comment

Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                            All schools closed in Dublin which only has a yellow warning and even the colleges, Its just like a bank Holiday. Bet the shops will be busy. I hope my outdoor lights are not send flying. Supposed to start at six am. Covid Positive numbers were right down today only in the Two Thousands Hope it continues
                            Dublin has an Orange warning now - and a 'strong possibility' of going to red.

'Limerick, Waterford, Galway, Mayo, Wexford, Dublin, Louth, Wicklow and Meath are also under an orange wind warning.

However, Met Éireann have advised that there is a strong possibility that the status orange alerts will escalate to status red'.

Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Working...
                            X