Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigby View Post
    Northern Lights
    friend in North Scotland was first to post photos last night and then another friend in Donegal followed, amazing photos
    Would have loved to have seen , some fabulous photos on the news earlier on .

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post
      Anyone cop the Crescent moon and the 2 stars in a direct line late yesterday evening .... ? .

Jupiter & Venus, according to my star gazing neighbour, when I asked him. I saw them again this evening. I would love to see the northern lights,

Comment

• Originally posted by bettyl View Post
        Jupiter & Venus, according to my star gazing neighbour, when I asked him. I saw them again this evening. I would love to see the northern lights,
        I saw them and I was wondering what they were

Comment

• I would love it see them

Comment

• large thunder cell over Dublin

Comment

• Originally posted by bigby View Post
              large thunder cell over Dublin
              And my wife is in the press under the stairs

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
                And my wife is in the press under the stairs
                did she cover all the mirrors first

Comment

• It's the lightening that scares me, I don't mind the thunder. My grandmother used to say that when you hear thunder it is a soul going into heaven

Comment

• there was lightning also, 2 houses struck in Blanchardstown

Comment

• I didn't hear that Bigby. The news focused more on the tragedy in Clonmel

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                        I didn't hear that Bigby. The news focused more on the tragedy in Clonmel
                        I think I noticed as the storm was right over my house and I was watching were it was heading

Lightning strikes set two houses on fire in Dublin last night as Met Éireann issued an urgent thunderstorm warning.

Comment

• Too close for comfort Bigby

Comment

• Irish stargazers will get a chance to see a super blue moon over the coming nights – the first time it will be visible since 2009.

Irish stargazers will get a chance to see a super blue moon over the coming nights the first time it will be visible since 2009.

The rare sight, which can be seen tonight, tomorrow night and Thursday night, will not be visible over Irish skies again until 2037, according to Astronomy Ireland.

It says that roughly once every two or three years, there can be two full moons in one calendar month and, when this happens, the second full moon is popularly known blue moon.

The organisation adds that the moon's distance from the Earth can vary by 15%, which causes a change in brightness of 30%.

When a full moon happens around the time that the moon is closest to Earth it is called a super moon, which usually occurs three times a year.

Comment

• Thanks for that Bigby, that explains the expression once in the blue moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                                Thanks for that Bigby, that explains the expression once in the blue moon
                                would be great to see it but it is cloudy again and I no longer have the energy to stay up late to see

Comment

Working...
                                X