• Show
Clear All

• UK General Election 2024

Latest Polls
    Labour 45%
    Tory 23%
    Reform 11%
    Lib Dems 9%

Hopefully the dirty tricks don't get too excessive.
  • Answer selected by bojangles at 23-05-2024, 09:37 AM.

Originally posted by bojangles View Post

It wouldn’t be the first time. Poots and Foster weren’t MPs so not having a Westminster seat is no block. The dinosaurs in the Commons could be wiped out. Watch Wilson Paisley , Campbell and the rest trying to distance themselves from Stormont implementing the protocol, it’s going to be great fun.
    The Scottish situation will be interesting too. The Cons could be annihilated there.
    The young Paisley, while he hasnt much savvy is not as bitter as Sammy Wilson or Campbell. Is there no members from across the pond to throw in their 2 bobs worth

Comment

He looked a pitiful sight in the rain with his begging bowl out for votes and blaring in the background " Things can only get better " , lol .

Comment

The Northern elections will be interesting. Will the DUP be wiped out ,? Who will benefit, I would guess the UUP and Aliance will mop seats up.

Comment

The Northern elections will be interesting. Will the DUP be wiped out ,? Who will benefit, I would guess the UUP and Aliance will mop seats up.
          Gavin Robinson seat was under threat from Alliance even before Jeffrey suspected crimes broke. Could he remain leader if he loses?

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post

Gavin Robinson seat was under threat from Alliance even before Jeffrey suspected crimes broke. Could he remain leader if he loses?
            It wouldn’t be the first time. Poots and Foster weren’t MPs so not having a Westminster seat is no block. The dinosaurs in the Commons could be wiped out. Watch Wilson Paisley , Campbell and the rest trying to distance themselves from Stormont implementing the protocol, it’s going to be great fun.
            The Scottish situation will be interesting too. The Cons could be annihilated there.

Comment

The young Paisley, while he hasnt much savvy is not as bitter as Sammy Wilson or Campbell. Is there no members from across the pond to throw in their 2 bobs worth

Comment

Originally posted by kellier View Post

Kellier , I would have agreed with you a few years ago , but I think he’s changed in the last few years, especially since Brexit.

Comment

I think Jeffrey's career in politics is over whichever way things go

Comment

They can promise this that and the other [ not only there , all over ] and even assuming they have good intentions , their best laid plans are subject to potential outside consequences / events .......... so for me they can promise all they want , the lot of them .
                    Last edited by Twobob; 23-05-2024, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kellier View Post

Is Rhonda Paisley involved in politics now

Comment

No I don't think so, she was involved in Social Work, she might still be doing that

Comment

The hardline TUV who have about 7% Unionists support will split the rest of the less hardline unionist support of the DUP. In the first pass the post system used in Westminster elections this could lose unionists around 4 or 5 seats to Alliance or even Sinn F

Comment

Kellier , I would have agreed with you a few years ago , but I think he’s changed in the last few years, especially since Brexit.
                            2 lads that worked for us, one is a Billy Boy the other a Taig said he has no anti catholic feelings whatsoever but i suppose thinking of his future he has to go harldine unionist

Comment

Paisley Jr likes a good time, all those dodgy tax payer funded holidays and frequently drunk in public. Also persistent rumours about him and the deputy first minister. Too many skeletons to not exploit especially with his late father religious base.

Comment

The hardline TUV who have about 7% Unionists support will split the rest of the less hardline unionist support of the DUP. In the first pass the post system used in Westminster elections this could lose unionists around 4 or 5 seats to Alliance or even Sinn F
                                TUV and DUP might be at odds with each other but they will still circle the wagons for the Union. They both haven't declared candidates for North Down(Hollywood, Bangor, Donaghdee), currently held by the Alliance and are backing Independent unionist candidate Alex Easton( ex DUP).

Comment

Working...
                                X