Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amen ........Ryan stands down as leader.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amen ........Ryan stands down as leader.

Ryan to stand down as leader .

Good riddance
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Yes , I won’t be sorry to see the back of him. We have to use kerosene where we live , no gas , it is 300 euros dearer per 1000 litres than the north due to his succession of taxes he implemented. On top of that , you’ve got the convoluted return scheme for cans and plastic he just introduced,
      A few years ago he incentivised diesel engines over petrol , now rowing back on that. God knows what he has put the agri sector under after being minister for such a long period
      Throw in his condescending voice and carving up our roads for bikes , the list is endless.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
        Yes , I won’t be sorry to see the back of him. We have to use kerosene where we live , no gas , it is 300 euros dearer per 1000 litres than the north due to his succession of taxes he implemented. On top of that , you’ve got the convoluted return scheme for cans and plastic he just introduced,
        A few years ago he incentivised diesel engines over petrol , now rowing back on that. God knows what he has put the agri sector under after being minister for such a long period
        Throw in his condescending voice and carving up our roads for bikes , the list is endless.
        And he flying first class to go to political events, he also wanted to return home on a flight for to vote on a Dail motion

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
          Not sorry to see him go.I notice the price of diesel has dropped at the pumps, When I drive to Wexford the petrol stations between Balloon and Bunclody are cheaper than most others forecourts you pass...

Comment

Originally posted by DP Kilfo View Post

Not sorry to see him go.I notice the price of diesel has dropped at the pumps, When I drive to Wexford the petrol stations between Balloon and Bunclody are cheaper than most others forecourts you pass...
            Yes that’s because the price of a barrel has gone down. Not the taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post

And he flying first class to go to political events, he also wanted to return home on a flight for to vote on a Dail motion
              Don’t do as I do , do as I say.

Comment

Deputy leader stepping down ,

Comment

Martin is no loss. I know Eamon has a lot of hate, only have to look when his name is mentioned here but he had some good wins. The Enterprise train service has improved and cheaper this side of the border. Overhaul of rail fleet, expansion of the DART, start of planning for Cork version of the DART. 90min fare. On a EU level he helped get the Climate Change legislation accepted by member states despite opposition from the powerful farming lobby here backed by the likes of Goodman.

He did a good job overhauling his party after John Gorman stood down and getting the Greens back in government while his deputy stabbed him in the back and his chief negotiator in the program for government claimed ignorance of what she negotiated.

Comment

Nice to see he didn't have any other of his party members stand behind him when giving his speech .

Comment

He said he made the decision to step down months ago Im not sure. Will SF push Mary out will Michael Martin have a big heave from grass roots FF

Comment

I wonder who will be the next Taoiseach since he's been running the show since the start of this coalition since he had them all by the goolies.
                        Last edited by ob1kenobi.23; 19-06-2024, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Election called before or after the Summer Recess ?

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                            Martin is no loss. I know Eamon has a lot of hate, only have to look when his name is mentioned here but he had some good wins. The Enterprise train service has improved and cheaper this side of the border. Overhaul of rail fleet, expansion of the DART, start of planning for Cork version of the DART. 90min fare. On a EU level he helped get the Climate Change legislation accepted by member states despite opposition from the powerful farming lobby here backed by the likes of Goodman.

He did a good job overhauling his party after John Gorman stood down and getting the Greens back in government while his deputy stabbed him in the back and his chief negotiator in the program for government claimed ignorance of what she negotiated.

SF didn’t run enough candidates in the last general elections and a lot of their second preference votes went to the greens I don’t think many if any of them won on first preference votes, another thing there was a lot of FF and FG canvassers running down the greens on the doorstep’s because they knew that the greens policies were not popular with the electorate

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
                              SF didn’t run enough candidates in the last general elections and a lot of their second preference votes went to the greens I don’t think many if any of them won on first preference votes, another thing there was a lot of FF and FG canvassers running down the greens on the doorstep’s because they knew that the greens policies were not popular with the electorate
                              In the last local elections

Comment

Working...
                              X