Affordable school for my kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affordable school for my kids

I am in the process of relocating to Ireland with my family, my wife and two children aged 2 and 4 years old. I am seeking information on affordable school options in Dublin for my children.

Your recommendations in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by juanify View Post
    I am in the process of relocating to Ireland with my family, my wife and two children aged 2 and 4 years old. I am seeking information on affordable school options in Dublin for my children.

Your recommendations in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
    All the schools are fairly good , some better than others. They are also free unless you go private. Our children went private and in hindsight there was was no advantage. Some schools have waiting lists so you would want to be getting your application in ASAP for September. What area are you hoping to move to ?

Comment

age 2 and 4 would be early years and in September the 4 year old then for school, have you already got somewhere to live?

Comment

Early years/ Primary education. gov.ie website also search citizens advice .ie

Comment

My grandsons school has 1500 pupils. The biggest in Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
            My grandsons school has 1500 pupils. The biggest in Ireland
            Crumlin Christian brothers school where I attended was once the biggest school in Europe with 1500 pupils

Comment

My Granddaughter goes to a school with 1.400 pupils....It is in a small village in Cambridgeshire....Population 2,400 people..
              Last edited by quinner; 29-02-2024, 01:44 AM.
              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post

Crumlin Christian brothers school where I attended was once the biggest school in Europe with 1500 pupils
                Went there 1963 to 1969 / 1970 would I be right to say 52 boys to a class.

Comment

I went the Christian Brothers from 52 to 57 but don't remember out classes being that big.

Comment

Originally posted by DP Kilfo View Post

Went there 1963 to 1969 / 1970 would I be right to say 52 boys to a class.
                    I started in the convent in 1952 and moved to the Brothers after my communion when I was 7 , I left when I was 12 there was 56 in our class

Comment

I cannot remember having a full classroom in Whitefriar Street....They would have been quite empty if the boys had not been Bussed in from Ballyfermot and Blackpits..

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                        I cannot remember having a full classroom in Whitefriar Street....They would have been quite empty if the boys had not been Bussed in from Ballyfermot and Blackpits..
                        If a teacher didn’t turn up his class was split between the two classes beside his and then there was over 80 in the class

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post

If a teacher didn’t turn up his class was split between the two classes beside his and then there was over 80 in the class
                          Just before I left, because of My birthday I had a few months left after being in the highest class. So a couple of us sat a the back of the class we had been through...We just sat and read what we liked...there was a big gap of empty desks between us and them...There had been a lot of streets demolished around my area them times...

Comment

my 6th class last day memory was thinking you would get out early ,but no the day was spent been taught how to address an envelope,where to write the name the address stamp at the right hand corner, must have been an essential before you left primary.

Comment

Originally posted by DP Kilfo View Post
                              my 6th class last day memory was thinking you would get out early ,but no the day was spent been taught how to address an envelope,where to write the name the address stamp at the right hand corner, must have been an essential before you left primary.
                              And use your Aunt’s address if she lived in a posh neighbourhood when you applied for a job.

Comment

Working...
                              X