Will J.D .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will J.D .....

Be prepared to drop 100,000 a year to stay .... ?

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
    Be prepared to drop 100,000 a year to stay .... ?
    Nope, he did reveal he signed a 2 year extension last year which will probably be his last so no point in him taking a cut.

Comment

Remember a few years ago Gerry Ryan went berserk when he was asked to take a pay cut, he was on €650K a year at the time, how things have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
        Remember a few years ago Gerry Ryan went berserk when he was asked to take a pay cut, he was on €650K a year at the time, how things have changed.
        He said he couldn’t live on that sort of money, why because he was a junkie and it killed him in the long run. I cringe whenever I hear all the presenters like Duffy and others saying what a great person he was

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
          He said he couldn’t live on that sort of money, why because he was a junkie and it killed him in the long run. I cringe whenever I hear all the presenters like Duffy and others saying what a great person he was
          Yes , it’s all back slapping among them. That’s how they were gaslighting the listeners how irreplaceable they all were. Gaybo started the ball rolling. Remember Marian Finucane got 350k a year for 6 hours airtime per week.

Comment

Would she have had to do much preparation for the broadcasts

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
              it's all about the volume of ' listenership ' , then R.T.E will charge [ handsomely ] for those who wish to advertise on that slot , which in turn leads to the host of the show jacking up their price ......... sort of , ' you make off me , I'll make off you ' .

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post

Yes , it’s all back slapping among them. That’s how they were gaslighting the listeners how irreplaceable they all were. Gaybo started the ball rolling. Remember Marian Finucane got 350k a year for 6 hours airtime per week.
                Was her husband a big boy in RT

Comment

His ex wife and kids seem high maintenance. All the plastic surgery, extensive family holidays and Billy Barry classes don't come cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                    She claimed she spent 5 1/2 days researching and preparing for her weekend show when the subject of her wages was raised on her show. Which was a laugh because for most of that weekend show run she was so poorly organised and seemed to know very little on the topics she covered. Reading the papers while having a fag methinks was the extent of her efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post

She claimed she spent 5 1/2 days researching and preparing for her weekend show when the subject of her wages was raised on her show. Which was a laugh because for most of that weekend show run she was so poorly organised and seemed to know very little on the topics she covered. Reading the papers while having a fag methinks was the extent of her efforts.
                      Even if she did spend 5 half days , it still didn’t justify that sort of money. They all had a nice little earner going and pulled the wool over the public’s eye. I remember hearing Pat Kenny justifying his long summer holidays when he was still on RTE. He was arguing the point that the station was protecting a valuable asset by not getting burnt out. I kid you not.

Comment

I wonder if you were a suspect in a crime and you told the police you were too sick to be interviewed would they just leave it at that like the last Director General

Comment

I wonder if you were a suspect in a crime and you told the police you were too sick to be interviewed would they just leave it at that like the last Director General
                          It looks like that’s how it works rasher. Unfortunately terms and conditions of employment are granted well before any of these situations become an issue. They are embedded in to suit themselve. It’s fair to say that most employees in various employment, especially white collar, can hide behind a doctor’s cert indefinitely. What sort of doctor would throw you to the wolves?

Comment

Pay used to be based on the amount of responsibility a person took, not the amount of work or time spent in preparation. So for example how do you think the pay these people were getting in RTE would compare to a Guard who risks his/her life on a regular basis with criminals armed with knives and needles

Comment

Regards preparation [ or lack of ? ] , you don't applaud the Tenor for clearing his throat .

Until the main player in all of this comes before the committee , this will just drag on ....and on .
                              Last edited by Twobob; 02-02-2024, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X