Dynasties ..... B.B.C. 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasties ..... B.B.C. 4

Elephants ...... just started , great series .

Brilliant series
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Is Joan Collins still in it ?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
        Is Joan Collins still in it ?
        She is...in the Cougar series
        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post

She is...in the Cougar series
          Ha ha , was just about to say the same .

Comment

That reminds me of a story I heard, not sure if it’s true or not. A girl was asked in a quiz what infamous event happened in Dallas in November 1963 , she replied “ I don’t know, I wasn’t watching it then. “

Comment

It probably is true. I went to our local chemist before Christmas to get my prescription. There was a new girl there, she was not busy so we got chatting. I can't recall how the conversation went, but I quoted Dean Swift. She was impressed with what I said so I explained it was not mine it was a quotation from Dean Swift. She replied "Dean Swift, is he Taylor's daddy". When I told her it was Jonathan Swift Dean of St Patrick's she looked at me blankly

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                It probably is true. I went to our local chemist before Christmas to get my prescription. There was a new girl there, she was not busy so we got chatting. I can't recall how the conversation went, but I quoted Dean Swift. She was impressed with what I said so I explained it was not mine it was a quotation from Dean Swift. She replied "Dean Swift, is he Taylor's daddy". When I told her it was Jonathan Swift Dean of St Patrick's she looked at me blankly
                Ah well in fairness, the name wouldn’t be on the tip of the tongue for most people. What was the quote ?

Comment

Well it was not a direct quote, it was from one of his stories about a man who got married. On his wedding night his bride began to undress, he discovered she had a wooden leg, false teeth and a wig. There was a moral in it about being careful and sort of doing all your homework before going ahead. I can't remember the name of the story at this time, but I will let you know when I do.

Comment

Working...
                  X