No announcement yet.

Glasnevin....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That book is good...........but someone should break the quotation mark key on the author'e computer....!

Comment

• Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
      Paul, I was talking to Arthur the barber today and he was asking for you. He mentioned a book that you might have an interest in...http://www.bookshop.kennys.ie/book/I...nds_and_People
      You say hi to arthur for me pls.. tried that link and got nothing? We are not getting blamed for anything are we?

Comment

• Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
        You say hi to arthur for me pls.. tried that link and got nothing? We are not getting blamed for anything are we?
        Dont be fretting, he was very complimentary of all the Teeling clan. try this link.......
        Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

• Did they mention the "tenements"?..........I am still trying to get the book but will

Comment

• Originally posted by nansson View Post
            That book is good...........but someone should break the quotation mark key on the author'e computer....!
            Having just finished the book I would be inclined to agree with you, good read and a must for anyone from Glasnevin, older residents.
            Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

• Corpus Christie Church, Griffith Avenue
              Attached Files

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Attached Files

Comment

• For some reason that church always looked odd to me like something lonely and cold?..maybe it was just me lol. .....great pics as usual

Comment

For some reason that church always looked odd to me like something lonely and cold?..maybe it was just me lol. .....great pics as usual
                    You've made a very good point T.........During the week, it always seems deserted - it's a great art deco design and a lovely place to walk around

Comment

• Briings back memories as an alter boy, Mr Mcguir was in charge

Any more pics,

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy B View Post
                        Briings back memories as an alter boy, Mr Mcguir was in charge

Any more pics,
                        I'll be there at the weekend Andy and I'll take a few more

Comment

• Great , I look forward to them

Do they still ring the bells there ,

Comment

• Yes they do Andy.....lovely to hear in the morning

Comment

• Originally posted by nansson View Post
                              Yes they do Andy.....lovely to hear in the morning
                              I used to run over and ring the bells the odd time at the woodener while taking time out from the card game in the shop lol.
                              Do they still ring them at 5.p.m if there is a hearse coming to drop someone off for the morning?

Comment

I used to run over and ring the bells the odd time at the woodener while taking time out from the card game in the shop lol.
                                Do they still ring them at 5.p.m if there is a hearse coming to drop someone off for the morning?
                                Now, I don't know that - they're a bit far away from me.....I'll ask someone who lives nearby and report back asap monsewer

Comment

Working...
                                X