Mew Apartments Cabra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mew Apartments Cabra

These have obviously sprung up since my visit in 2012!
    Are they built where the cattle railway used to be? It must look weird them being there. I know there has to be new housing but I think I'd be quite sad to see them there, as the "hill" behind my aunt's house in Carnlough Road is one of my earliest memories. Think I'm becoming an old fogey.....

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    These have obviously sprung up since my visit in 2012!
    Are they built where the cattle railway used to be? It must look weird them being there. I know there has to be new housing but I think I'd be quite sad to see them there, as the "hill" behind my aunt's house in Carnlough Road is one of my earliest memories. Think I'm becoming an old fogey.....
    Must be at least a thousand apartments around that area now ....and hundreds more awaiting planning permission....every green area is being eaten up by them....it's getting out of hand
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

I have not seen them up close yet but they look high over the houses and strange to see from Drumcliff Road, the ones at Reilly's Bridge look really terrible

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
        I have not seen them up close yet but they look high over the houses and strange to see from Drumcliff Road, the ones at Reilly's Bridge look really terrible
        There is a few at the bridge but the big one is out of place destroying the area

Comment

it just keeps getting higher, think 14 stories, the others around Aldi are 4 stories high

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
            it just keeps getting higher, think 14 stories, the others around Aldi are 4 stories high
            14 stories is near Aldi also.....where the cello-tape factory was

Comment

the Ormond

Comment

Build higher or build on green space? Or build a new city?

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                  Build higher or build on green space? Or build a new city?
                  Personally I'd rather see more houses built on green space than ugly apartment blocks. They can be interspersed with green spaces and there is still going to be plenty of countryside left. Just make the housing estates attractive with plenty of amenities.

Comment

Working...
                  X