No announcement yet.

Cabra West.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKM I learned a love of books and poerty from the nuns in the convent and it has stayed with me. But looking back, as I got older, I mostly had teachers although had nuns for history and geography - my ma and da taught me history and the da was a great speller.

In a lot of orders in the old days , nuns had to pay a dowery to enter and lets face, their parents must have been monied#

My sister was literally robbed from the family - no spare money in our house

Comment

• Womble my sister said she was not taught by sister Mary Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by Deirdre Madden View Post
        I defo recognize Patto O Neil and would that be Margaret as well Rashers and perhaps Jo I dont think that June is in that photo but I could be wrong .....
        Yeppers, dead right Deirdre. But I think the woman on the end is one of the sisters too. I only ever met Jo's sisters at wedding, wakes and funerals.

Jo is married to my brother and they've lived in the USA 16 years now. Nate who posted here is married to the eldest of Jo's daughters.
        'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rashers View Post
          Yeppers, dead right Deirdre. But I think the woman on the end is one of the sisters too. I only ever met Jo's sisters at wedding, wakes and funerals.

Jo is married to my brother and they've lived in the USA 16 years now. Nate who posted here is married to the eldest of Jo's daughters.
          What a small World we live in Rasher's I knew all the girl's really well and I was all the way through School and Girl Guides with Patty ......amazing I wonder if any of them would recognize me now!!! ......doubt it ...

Comment

What a small World we live in Rasher's I knew all the girl's really well and I was all the way through School and Girl Guides with Patty ......amazing I wonder if any of them would recognize me now!!! ......doubt it ...
            I might be talking to Jo on Skype late tonight (they're 7 hours behind us) and I'll ask her. I'm trying to get her to join this forum.

Comment

I might be talking to Jo on Skype late tonight (they're 7 hours behind us) and I'll ask her. I'm trying to get her to join this forum.
              That would be great Rashers ......say hi for me as well please ....hugs xx..D

Comment

That would be great Rashers ......say hi for me as well please ....hugs xx..D
                I most certainly will Deirdre. xxx

Comment

Just tell Jo of all the Carnlough females here already!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
                    Just tell Jo of all the Carnlough females here already!!!!
                    Jeziz.... scary thought!

Comment

Jeziz.... scary thought!
                      Remember that the next time you feel like getting cheeky...rofl

Comment

• hahaha..............poor rashers......................your outnumbered lol...by the wenches from Carnlough !!!!! they are a lota cheeky gits unlike us ladies from ratoath road lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                          hahaha..............poor rashers......................your outnumbered lol...by the wenches from Carnlough !!!!! they are a lota cheeky gits unlike us ladies from ratoath road lol
                          Brat .....Your'e only jealous MKM as your'e not from Carnlough lmao......

Comment

• Ratoath Road Rules

Comment

• Originally posted by bigby View Post
                              Ratoath Road Rules
                              Oh No You Dont

Comment

Oh No You Dont
                                oh yes we do lol

Comment

Working...