gardener wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gardener wanted

Anyone know a local gardener...aunts garden gone a bit mad while she's been in hospital and needs some serious work on it.

I really need someone that does this for a living and has the right tools as this job is a bit more than shears and a little lawnmower, it's not been mown for a year and there is huge bramble hedge that need removing.

I'd be looking for an immediate big tidy up and then someone to keep on top of it once a month maybe.

Hoping someone can give me a recommendation as I've had great help on here before.

People have all different expectations of what a gardener will do and for how much, my advice, write out exactly what you want done, step by step before you get a quote, then get four or five.
    My garden was completely overgrown when I moved back in, it took 3 months of cutting back just to get the hedge under control, and a few years to get it to grow back again, the grass, it will look terrible when cut but will revive after a while.
    I do not know any gardening services but there is one up the road from me, and son knows one so if you do not get anywhere I will try get you names.

Comment

It all depends on where your aunt lives. Ask around locally and pay attention to recommendations. I had a young fellow from up the road help me doing exactly what you want and he asked for only €20 each time.

Comment

wow 20 euro, to tackle an overgrown garden, that is a very low cost

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
          wow 20 euro, to tackle an overgrown garden, that is a very low cost
          That was for routine upkeep of two lawns with privet but the initial job might have been double. The neighbor was a good guy and remember there are some cute operators out there ready to overcharge. Rule #1, never hire anyone who knocks on your door.

Comment

I do all my own gardening, and there is no way I would do this work for 20 euro unless it was a very small garden and already under contol

Comment

Last winter our gardener was in hospital and I wanted somebody to clear up the leaves. Along comes a joey complete with aussie hat and says he rate is £30 per hour. I gave him 30 seconds to get off my land. The next lad to arrive charged £10 per hour and even took the leaves away. He is still working for me.
              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

clearing up leaves, that I might do for 10 pound an hour, but not tackle an overgrown garden
                leaves are like liquid gold, if you make leaf mould

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                  I do all my own gardening, and there is no way I would do this work for 20 euro unless it was a very small garden and already under contol
                  Let's put it this way: my neighbor was friendly, helpful, and not greedy. He was a good friend.

Comment

son knows this gardener
                    I do not know how much he charges but he will quote

info@lainglandscaping.ie

Comment

Gardening is heavy work, Not many would spend time for twenty euro Korky if your lucky enough to get someone HONEST to work hard on your garden for that amount I would be very interested,

I have seen my neigbours pay hundreds to have their gardens tamed when trees and grass got out of hand, Later when all was in place a small charge per month kept it in good repair,

I hate to have my Cobblelocking cleaned, Its so expensive but it does look great afterwards, I think a lovely garden adds a great deal to a house

Comment

I would love a small garden like this
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                          Gardening is heavy work, Not many would spend time for twenty euro Korky if your lucky enough to get someone HONEST to work hard on your garden for that amount I would be very interested,
                          He had a degree in horticulture in his early 20s and lived on our road. For €20 he cut lawns in front and back and trimmed the privet. Several neighbors had him look after their gardens. He had his own equipment and supplied his own fuel for his mower. He also took away the cuttings. Unable to land a job in Ireland, he will be emigrating to Australia later this year.

I have seen my neigbours pay hundreds to have their gardens tamed when trees and grass got out of hand, Later when all was in place a small charge per month kept it in good repair,
                          Your neighbors were done by greedy Celtic Tiger operators who are the type that has the country the way it is.

Comment

Well He is off to Australia so he is only biding his time. I pay twenty euros to have my windows cleaned once a month, It takes little more then half an hour and on to next door.

I can imagine how much longer it would take to do some gardening and I think I would feel very guilty paying so little knowing how hard it was and how back breaking it could be and the wear and tear on the equipment

Comment

Well He is off to Australia so he is only biding his time.
                              No, he is one of the hundreds of thousands of young Irish people who cannot get employment. "Biding his time" indeed.

I can imagine how much longer it would take to do some gardening and I think I would feel very guilty paying so little knowing how hard it was and how back breaking it could be and the wear and tear on the equipment
                              Quit moralizing, please. You do not know me or my neighbors or the many mutual kindnesses we show to each other unmotivated either by greed or exploitation.

Comment

Working...
                              X