dance, venues and show bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dance, venues and show bands

as a teenager in Dublin, every weekend without fail my mates and I would make our way to one of the dance venues around the locality, places like the glennan, the mayfair, the Kingsway, mournan road, inchicore, the cie,and the brothers we would dance the night away to the fantastic bands and groups like, the young shadows, dickie rock, joe dolan, brendon bowyer, Eileen reed and many more, does anyone remember any more places and bands. regards dunwack,

Originally posted by dunwack View Post
    as a teenager in Dublin, every weekend without fail my mates and I would make our way to one of the dance venues around the locality, places like the glennan, the mayfair, the Kingsway, mournan road, inchicore, the cie,and the brothers we would dance the night away to the fantastic bands and groups like, the young shadows, dickie rock, joe dolan, brendon bowyer, Eileen reed and many more, does anyone remember any more places and bands. regards dunwack,
    Dunwack the list below is where my mates and I danced, I am sure the I may have left some out, but I am sure others can fill in the gaps

Adelaide Ballroom, AOH Hall, Arcadia Ballroom, Ballerina Ballroom, Barry's Hotel, C.I.E. Hall, Clery's Ballroom, Country Club, Crystal Ballroom (best floor in Dublin for jiving on), Four Provinces Ballroom, Irene, Metropole Ballroom, National, Olympic Ballroom, Television Club, Top Hat, Town and Country

Comment

Did someone mention The Kingsway...?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
        hi Nanson , your photo of the Kingsway Ballroom brought back memories for me of my teenage years in good old Dublin, what happy years they were, The first ever time i went to the Kingsway was in 1957, i was only there because i was refused entry to St Peters Hall Phisboro,my usual venue on Sunday nights, Dickie Rock was sometimes there with a group called the MellowChords, but i ended up in the Kingsway where the music was by Charlie Nutty and his band, i was not too pleased, But then that same night i met my future wife, a beaut from Whitehall, it was a long way to leave her home, we have been married now for 54years .... we are both glad i was refused entry to St Peters hall that November night in 1957,,, Thanks for the photo Nanson........ JIM.......
        May You Be In Heaven Before The Devil Knows You're Dead!

Comment

Originally posted by olddub View Post
          hi nanson , your photo of the kingsway ballroom brought back memories for me of my teenage years in good old dublin, what happy years they were, the first ever time i went to the kingsway was in 1957, i was only there because i was refused entry to st peters hall phisboro,my usual venue on sunday nights, dickie rock was sometimes there with a group called the mellowchords, but i ended up in the kingsway where the music was by charlie nutty and his band, i was not too pleased, but then that same night i met my future wife, a beaut from whitehall, it was a long way to leave her home, we have been married now for 54years .... We are both glad i was refused entry to st peters hall that november night in 1957,,, thanks for the photo nanson........ Jim.......

Comment

Originally posted by bettyl View Post
            Dunwack the list below is where my mates and I danced, I am sure the I may have left some out, but I am sure others can fill in the gaps
            Adelaide Ballroom, AOH Hall, Arcadia Ballroom, Ballerina Ballroom, Barry's Hotel, C.I.E. Hall, Clery's Ballroom, Country Club, Crystal Ballroom (best floor in Dublin for jiving on), Four Provinces Ballroom, Irene, Metropole Ballroom, National, Olympic Ballroom, Television Club, Top Hat, Town and Country
            The Crystal Ballroom 1954.
            Attached Files
            We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

4 P House.
              Attached Files

Comment

Dickie Rock n Miami at the TV Club Harcourt Street.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by olddub View Post
                  hi Nanson , your photo of the Kingsway Ballroom brought back memories for me of my teenage years in good old Dublin, what happy years they were, The first ever time i went to the Kingsway was in 1957, i was only there because i was refused entry to St Peters Hall Phisboro,my usual venue on Sunday nights, Dickie Rock was sometimes there with a group called the MellowChords, but i ended up in the Kingsway where the music was by Charlie Nutty and his band, i was not too pleased, But then that same night i met my future wife, a beaut from Whitehall, it was a long way to leave her home, we have been married now for 54years .... we are both glad i was refused entry to St Peters hall that November night in 1957,,, Thanks for the photo Nanson........ JIM.......
                  Great story OD

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                    Dickie Rock n Miami at the TV Club Harcourt Street.
                    Loved the TV Club

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
                      thank you nansson, that photo brings back such great memories of our dancing nights in the Kingsway. it has been more than 50yrs since I was there, the taught you have me of getting ready and asking me ma to iron my best shirt. and dusting off your probabilly one and only suit and finally with your widnsor knot tie neatly arranged. we are ready for our night out, just time to meet up with my mates, our idea was to get there a bit early, to weigh up the talent hoping to get lucky wow, I miss those days, regards dunwack

Comment

Working...
                      X