Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
    Reminders of Crumlin lol!
    now that color is enough to make anyone crap.

Comment

• Crumlin houses being built 1936
      Attached Files
      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

• Originally posted by maire View Post
        Joan , when I lived with my aunt Josie, on Stannaway ave, there was a little shop across from the church , but on Armagh road, it was run by two brothers, one called Gary, very nice chaps!
        Gary's as it was known. His surname was Clarke. It was Watchorn's before that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
          Now that I can vividly remember,and then they came out with that Jeyes shiny slippery shiny sheets. lol
          They were dreadful Ed and as me late dad would say Not worth a Shite lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
            Gary's as it was known. His surname was Clarke. It was Watchorn's before that.
            That's right nemesis, they were very nice people Indeed, I take as I find!

Comment

• Originally posted by maire View Post
              That's right nemesis, they were very nice people Indeed, I take as I find!
              I can't remember them Maire but I do remember an Ernie watchorn who had a shop in Crumlin His daughter has written I think two books about Crumlin. Some quoted earlier on this thread,

Comment

• This Notice was put up by a man called Tom Duff, I can only begin to imagine what having armed guards in the area mean for most people. is like. Lets hope things change soon

This probably won't be too popular with the minority in Crumlin/ Drimnagh but I think the majority 99.9% of honest, hard working people will agree. I grew up in Crumlin for 26 years and my childhood is full of happy memories. I have a great fondness for the area and people who live there. But I was saddened and sickened this week that the good, honest, hard working people of Crumlin, including my own family have been held to ransom by these gangland scumbags. Armed Gaurda checkpoints everywhere. It was like something from a film.
                I heard a story of an elderly man who died from Clonard Rd. His funeral was on Monday the same day as the gangland funeral. The man's family wanted to invite people back to the Eleanora Pub on the Drimnagh Rd to give a send off and were advised by the Gaurds not to incase these scumbags retaliated at the wrong funeral. Think about that for a minute and how you would feel if it was your dad, uncle or brother who had died.
                There's a similar story happening in Dublin Inner City.
                Social media is a powerful thing.
                I love Crumlin and am proud to be from there and proud to call myself a Dub.
                Copy and paste this message to your page for one day to send a message to this gangland scum. This is our town, our city and we've had enough!

Comment

• Well said Joan, that is a tragic situation for the district and the people, but especially for the family of that poor man from Clonard Road

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                    Well said Joan, that is a tragic situation for the district and the people, but especially for the family of that poor man from Clonard Road
                    I didn't say it Vico, I no longer live there it was posted by someone else. I can just imagine how hard it is for them. Here on the Northside we are constantly stopped and searched in our everything coming and going,

I should imagine its even worse for those Living around the house of the victim

Comment

• Yes Joan, it probably is worse for the neighbours. God be with the days when your mother could leave the key in the front door so the children could let themselves in without disturbing her all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                        Yes Joan, it probably is worse for the neighbours. God be with the days when your mother could leave the key in the front door so the children could let themselves in without disturbing her all the time.
                        Oh Vico lol that was because we had nothing to be robbed, No computers smart phones teles videos etc. Only jewelry my mam had was her wedding ring and her kids.

So you could turn the key and come in but all you saw was a home with no worldly things worth stealing. But what was in that home was more precious then any gold

Comment

• Anyone remember Rosie who sol on Armagh Road I certainly do
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Some boys from Windmill are you There???
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                              Anyone remember Rosie who sol on Armagh Road I certainly do
                              I don't remember Rosie, only the Barry's , they lived next door to my granny Laffan on Cashel road, they sold sweets outside the Christian brothers school, and some clothes etc from their house... Mrs Barry was there the morning I was born at my granny's house in 256 Cashel road, it's a shame there is so much bad stuff going on in Crumlin now, it used to be a lovely peaceful place!

Comment

• Its still a lovely Place Maire, I have relatives still living on Downpatrick Road They are daughters of the original occupiers, My Late Aunt and Uncle.

They still have the same neighbours the daughters and sons of the original owners also.

There is Drugs all over Dublin. No place is free of them,. You are not aware until something happens

But all is quiet usually.

Do you remember the Carnivals Maire This one was near Dolphins Barn Notice all the scarfs I loved those great on a bad hair day lol!

Rosie sold outside Longs House on Armagh Road
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X