Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagination is a great asset in this life, my dad used to say

Comment

• Din Joe or Denis Fitzgibbon as was his real name. The financial journalist Frank Fitzgibbon is his son. Charlie Byrne was part of that show as well if i'm not mistaken.

Comment

• Yes Charlie Byrne was also in the cast, I think Charlie also did a Program for Waltons on Saturday,

We certainly did not lack imagination. As a Child I thought that the people on radio were inside it lol!

I don't think even my youngest grandchild thought that
        Last edited by joan mack; 07-04-2016, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• I remember This pub so well It was near the Church. when you passed the doors would be open and the pub seemed to do a roaring trade,
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
            Jeese woman your showing your age lol! Do you remember the School Around the Corner and your funny incident

a lad from my street on school around the corner. a mates brother.
            in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Paddy Crosbie I remember my father nearly choking at a funny incident a boy told about a horse that fell into a hole.

can't remember the gist of it someone else might.

Comment

• Here is it Joan....I remember it well..

An infant was relating how a commotion had arisen when his father had found a horse had fallen into a drain.

Try as they might, nobody could save the beast.

Crosbie: ''So what did your father do then?''

Infant: ''He had to shoot the horse.''

Crosbie: ''In the hole?''

Infant: ''No, he shot him in the head.''
                It is what it is.

Comment

• The horse fell into a hole and was badly injured in the fall, so he had to be put down. He was shot. Paddy Crosbie asked the kid "where did they shoot the horse, in the hole?" The kid answered "no sir, in the head". I remember it well. Paddy Crosbie could not stop laughing himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                    The horse fell into a hole and was badly injured in the fall, so he had to be put down. He was shot. Paddy Crosbie asked the kid "where did they shoot the horse, in the hole?" The kid answered "no sir, in the head". I remember it well. Paddy Crosbie could not stop laughing himself.
                    Snap...
                    It is what it is.

Comment

• Sorry Pammy, I didn't see that you had already told the story. Still funny though, except for the horse of course

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                        Sorry Pammy, I didn't see that you had already told the story. Still funny though, except for the horse of course
                        No problem Vico....yes I so remember that series very well...
                        It is what it is.

Comment

• Good to know yis have still got good memories, Better then mine lol! I remembered a horse and a hole but nothing else.

Comment

Good to know yis have still got good memories, Better then mine lol! I remembered a horse and a hole but nothing else.
                            Joan bit worried bout you.....you into horses now in a big way!!!!
                            It is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pammy View Post
                              Joan bit worried bout you.....you into horses now in a big way!!!!
                              Yes Pammy and me horse came second in the Grand National lol Well get up on me back and call me Trigger

Comment

Yes Pammy and me horse came second in the Grand National lol Well get up on me back and call me Trigger
                                Good for ...Idid t eve know it was on...
                                It is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X