No announcement yet.

The History of Crumlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early seventies I think Vico. I remember going there with my Mam in the seventies. My Mam died in 1977 and it was a while before that

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
      Crumlin Boxing Club Do you Know anyone??
      one of them has to be boxy, maybe the one in the middle at the back.
      in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
        Early seventies I think Vico. I remember going there with my Mam in the seventies. My Mam died in 1977 and it was a while before that

Joan this might be a silly question, but as you know my directional skills are zero, so what housing area would be behind that shopping centre?

Comment

• I would say Keeper Road Vico but I could be wrong, Still Moracrete houses there also

Comment

• I think it would be a noisey place to live nowdays

Comment

• Vico. For eight years I lived in Little Mary Street right beside the markets which opened at six and lorries queued up from five. A pub on every Corner and and Green Street Courthouse around the corner.

After a time you no longer hear the noise. later when I moved to Donaghmede I lived beside the train tracks. I also got used to the Trains, But I moved because I was afraid for my sons who were very daring and often hung on to the back of the trains.

Now I live beside the Shopping Centre which is just across the road. I think I would badly miss noise

Comment

• Passed the Moracrete cottages today and I see they were built in 1936.

Comment

• I see what you mean Joan. I grew up on a main road, it was noisey enough but I didn't really notice. But here it is fairly quiet especially at night.

Rasher are those houses before or after the shopping centre as you face up the main Crumlin Road with the Dispensary on your left. I can't remember.

Comment

• After

Comment

• Comment

• Joan that was very interesting. I remember Iveagh Grounds well. One of my cousins worked in the Brewery and he used to play handball up there.

Comment

• When my Late Father worked in Bailey Son and Gibson they often had their Sports Day there. Tug of War was very popular and my Dad been quite tall and well built was always an anchor man. Many cups and medals he won when food vouchers or money would have been much appreciated.

I watched many football games in the Grounds when my Dad played for his firm. I remember lovely sunny days and my friends and I just wearing knickers lol! My Dad was horrified

Comment

• Could you ask people to share please
                            This is Willie murphy,he is missing since Monday 4th of July and is from crumlin.
                            He works as a child care/ youth worker in the after schools in sheriff street,north wall.....
                            He is a huge dubs supporter
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I have not visited this site for about 18 months , I love reading Joan's posts , had the knack of creating a vision with her details from the past, hope she is ok .

Seamus

Comment

• that is my street and house number 45 Kilfenora road , I left from there 43 years ago for Australia,

Seamus

Comment

Working...
                                X