The History of Crumlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Nick
    That was my photo which I posted on another forum in about 2012. I put the names of those that I remembered but I got a couple wrong including Kevin Horan who I have named as Kevin Hyland. I thought John Reynor was between Yourself and Hugh Feighery. Hughie played with Phillo in the Black Eagles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
      Hi Nick
      That was my photo which I posted on another forum in about 2012. I put the names of those that I remembered but I got a couple wrong including Kevin Horan who I have named as Kevin Hyland. I thought John Reynor was between Yourself and Hugh Feighery. Hughie played with Phillo in the Black Eagles.
      I got the photo from my sister a couple of years back and was asked to add some names .....I identified some and sent them to her . I think I recognize John Hill at the back and I feel a name of Kinsella at the back also. Jo Bergan ??? I think you are right about John ....Christy O'Connor is between me and Liam ......so are you Thomas Claxton from the corner of Stannaway and Captain's road?
      Last edited by Nick Rossiter; 10-01-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• I'm Liam O'Connor. I could not remember Christ O'Connor's name even though I recognised his face. John Hill I remember now that you mention him. Liam Byrne lived near you but I don't see him in the pic.

Comment

I'm Liam O'Connor. I could not remember Christ O'Connor's name even though I recognised his face. John Hill I remember now that you mention him. Liam Byrne lived near you but I don't see him in the pic.
          Wow Liam so good to hear from you ....we used to hang around with Martin Pelo and a few others .....your house was halfway along Captain's road

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Rossiter View Post
            Wow Liam so good to hear from you ....we used to hang around with Martin Pelo and a few others .....your house was halfway along Captain's road
            Seargent Peelo is at the back. I remember you well Nick. You always had plenty of money from your job in Guinness and the rest of us had to depend on hand-outs from parents.

Comment

Seargent Peelo is at the back. I remember you well Nick. You always had plenty of money from your job in Guinness and the rest of us had to depend on hand-outs from parents.
              LOL.....the job at Guinness did not last as I spent many years at Kevin St College Of Tech while working in Electronics companies ....I eventually emigrated to England early 70s as there were not many jobs in computers in those days and then spent many years in different parts of the world.
              Ended up in Russia in 1990 running Hewlett Packard .....have been here ever since ...retired last year

Comment

• Did we know each other when I was covered in hair?
                Attached Files

Comment

Did we know each other when I was covered in hair?
                  Love it, you were always blessed with a good head of hair ....we are outside Moscow in the countryside ....when we get back to the centre I will find some pics to send ...have so many fond memories .

Comment

LOL.....the job at Guinness did not last as I spent many years at Kevin St College Of Tech while working in Electronics companies ....I eventually emigrated to England early 70s as there were not many jobs in computers in those days and then spent many years in different parts of the world.
                    Ended up in Russia in 1990 running Hewlett Packard .....have been here ever since ...retired last year
                    You appear to have had an interesting and varied career Nick. Now that you are retired do you plan to remain in Russia

Comment

There you are in the front row.
                      Me and all my classmates were great Tipperary supporters around that time because the teacher in that photo was Donnie Nelon a great Tipperary hurler and if Tip lost on Sunday he was most likely going to beat the shit out of you on Monday

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                        You appear to have had an interesting and varied career Nick. Now that you are retired do you plan to remain in Russia
                        Vico.....I have lived here now for 27 years .....6 years longer than I lived in Dublin . My sister organized a family reunion in Dublin about 5 years ago ....over 150 people turned up from all over the globe , I was the only one from Russia ! My health is probably the only thing which would make me think of moving somewhere a bit warmer .....the vodka warms the insides but not the outsides

Comment

Love it, you were always blessed with a good head of hair ....we are outside Moscow in the countryside ....when we get back to the centre I will find some pics to send ...have so many fond memories .
                          The hair is a distant memory Nicko.

Comment

The hair is a distant memory Nicko.
                            Maybe we will get the chance to compare our relative scalps sometime this year ?

Comment

Vico.....I have lived here now for 27 years .....6 years longer than I lived in Dublin . My sister organized a family reunion in Dublin about 5 years ago ....over 150 people turned up from all over the globe , I was the only one from Russia ! My health is probably the only thing which would make me think of moving somewhere a bit warmer .....the vodka warms the insides but not the outsides
                              What is the health care system like in Russia Nick

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                                What is the health care system like in Russia Nick
                                Well , like most places if you have good insurance it's very good .Very good practitioners.....there is a lot of alternate medicine still favored by many . Almost all medicines are available OTC without prescription.

Comment

Working...
                                X