Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
    All jobs look easy.....filling the skip will be worse
    no skip dinny, i've been getting rid of stuff gradually over the last 6 months.....had a man with a van take a lot of stuff, ex has taken quite a bit to the dump, the bed is the last item, had to chop it up to get it in the car.

Comment

• when are you moving katie? we moved last christmas and i was relentless getting rid of stuff..i dont keep a lota stuff anyways...but i just looked around the other day and realized ive probably replaced half the bloomin stuff i actually threw out hehe

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
        no skip dinny, i've been getting rid of stuff gradually over the last 6 months.....had a man with a van take a lot of stuff, ex has taken quite a bit to the dump, the bed is the last item, had to chop it up to get it in the car.
        Your all sorted so.....shame you had to waste your money on getting the bathroom rejuvenated ...
        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
          when are you moving katie? we moved last christmas and i was relentless getting rid of stuff..i dont keep a lota stuff anyways...but i just looked around the other day and realized ive probably replaced half the bloomin stuff i actually threw out hehe
          hopefully in about 5 weeks, so just before christmas. i've packed up loads of stuff already and i've hardly got any furniture so that side of things should go quite smoothly......

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
            Your all sorted so.....shame you had to waste your money on getting the bathroom rejuvenated ...
            it was essential dinny as it was ancient.....may have helped to sell it too. and we've had over a year with it anyway.

Comment

• oh god yes..any updates or redecoration does help sell the house...we painted ours from top to bottom last year, replaced ceramic tiles in the bathroom and some other odds and ends..and it made a huge difference in ease of selling

Comment

• mind you it'll be another 2 weeks from wednesday before we 're home and dry with the sale.......

Comment

• gosh its very stressful selling over there and seems to take ages...you gotta have nerves of steel lol

Comment

it was essential dinny as it was ancient.....may have helped to sell it too. and we've had over a year with it anyway.
                    A YEAR.....Unreal I would have said about 5 months
                    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• My hats off to you katie.....we put the house up for sale on a friday...and it was sold within 4 days...signed sealed and a moving date......those 4 days were the days from hell...everything had to be perfect..we had to be careful what we cooked even sos not to leave cooking smells..and the grandkids were banned from the house because theyre little balls of destruction....and willie and i had to be ready to run out at the drop of a hat if someone wanted to come view....we had more than 150 people thro the house in 4 days....we both almost had a breakdown with the stress lol....so even to think you went thro a year of this....makes me actually want to cry ...i couldnt do it..your very strong, and brave...

Comment

• think dinny meant it was a year since i got the new bathroom, not a year since we put the house on the market!
                        only put the house on mid-august, "sold" (subject to contract) in around 6 weeks......now just waiting to sign on the dotted line, which all going well should be the end of this month.

Comment

• The best of luck with it Katie, I don't envy you the hassle of the move itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                            The best of luck with it Katie, I don't envy you the hassle of the move itself.
                            i'm actually looking forward to the move......it's the sitting around waiting for things to happen i can't stand......i like to be busy

Comment

i'm actually looking forward to the move......it's the sitting around waiting for things to happen i can't stand......i like to be busy
                              If you like you can come over here and sort out my house while you are waiting !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                                If you like you can come over here and sort out my house while you are waiting !!!
                                i can't......passport needs renewing......but if the price was right i would!
                                in fact, that's not a bad idea for a business, though i'd have to find a business partner with wheels......i'd do the sorting and de-cluttering, they could do the driving.......i could call it pinky and perky's and the van would be pink......

Comment

Working...
                                X